Worried about my GBB

DeeDeedoesStuff

Arachnopeon
I got her on June 3rd. She has always refused to eat. And for the past couple weeks she created this webbing around her hide that has completely "sealed" her in. I'm new and I think maybe premolt but she seems so small and it's been so long. I've attached files of her hide and how she has webbed it up. One image of her before she was completely enclosed.

Attachments

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Looks plump and healthy, nothing to worry about.

Leave it, it will exit eventually.

I'd add more substrate and anchor points, eg replacing the sunflower for a mangroove style root. Keep the substrate mainly dry, but offer a moist spot to provide humidity and prevent issues.

DeeDeedoesStuff

Arachnopeon
Thank you. I have been considering adding more substrate and making more natural additions. I have ordered some cork bark etc. I want my babies to be comfortable but I also want it to be beautiful to look at and enjoy then in a cute environment.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got her on June 3rd. She has always refused to eat. And for the past couple weeks she created this webbing around her hide that has completely "sealed" her in. I'm new and I think maybe premolt but she seems so small and it's been so long. I've attached files of her hide and how she has webbed it up. One image of her before she was completely enclosed.
Not small or long
Stop worrying about nothing

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you. I have been considering adding more substrate and making more natural additions. I have ordered some cork bark etc. I want my babies to be comfortable but I also want it to be beautiful to look at and enjoy then in a cute environment.
Don't disturb it now to make any changes. It likely sealed itself in preparing to molt, so be patient and wait for it to come out before adding substrate or decor.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Sealed itself in, most likely getting ready to molt
be patient, be thrilled

LunaMoon06

Arachnopeon
Refusing to eat for that long is fine, my T has been refusing food for over a month but is now currently molting. Some tarantulas can even refuse food for pre-molt for as long as 2 months

DeeDeedoesStuff

Arachnopeon
Update. GBB molted sometime before Saturday. I checked in her(unsexed) I first I thought it was death curl due to awkward position and webbing in my way. Left her alone. Checked Sunday and noticed there was a change in position. Left her alone. This morning she still looked weird and in same position from Sunday. I decided to open her webbing and as I did she moved. Gave me a chance to take a picture. Decided to remove the full webbing on that entrance since she was far enough away. I noticed she was still looking weird, but she moved further away. This allowed me to grab the molt. And pour a little puddle of water inside the entrance Bad molt 😩 guys. One of her legs got stuck in the molt. I also tried to sex the molt and I dare I say now... I hope SHE makes it.

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Update. GBB molted sometime before Saturday. I checked in her(unsexed) I first I thought it was death curl due to awkward position and webbing in my way. Left her alone. Checked Sunday and noticed there was a change in position. Left her alone. This morning she still looked weird and in same position from Sunday. I decided to open her webbing and as I did she moved. Gave me a chance to take a picture. Decided to remove the full webbing on that entrance since she was far enough away. I noticed she was still looking weird, but she moved further away. This allowed me to grab the molt. And pour a little puddle of water inside the entrance Bad molt 😩 guys. One of her legs got stuck in the molt. I also tried to sex the molt and I dare I say now... I hope SHE makes it.
If it only lost a leg it should be fine - loss of limbs is not a life-threatening situation in most cases. She should actually regenerate the lost leg in subsequent molts, so it'll be good as new at some point. Just be sure to give it peace and quiet for the next week or 2 so it can stretch out and get used to it's new exoskeleton. Don't feed until you can see that the fangs are fully hardened and black.