worried about my first scorpion

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont think that is what Michiel is saying, Replambe. He was just pointing out the fact that, if you do a search yopu will find, there are several threads on the "is my emp gravid" question. It gets asked frequently.

As for your question about possibly being gravid , i will offer you my opinion.

From the your video, I don't see any embryos showing thru the plural membrane, but this does not mean she is not gravid. In my experience from owning and breeding P. imps you have a hard time telling just by looking at the membrane. If she was kept communally at the pet store or at the supplier, highly propable, the pet store got her from... there is a high chance she is gravid. The only certain way to tell is when you find babies on her back.

I know this doesn't actually answer your question, but it is the best info i can give from just seeing a video of the scorp.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So the video isn't enough? (Quality too poor?) I'm just curious as to what you folks think, since I don't know and the pet store doesn't either. Your suggestion makes it sound as if there is no point to joining this board, because 1) If you don't know, you have to become a scorpion expert and 2) If you are an expert, you shouldn't help anyone because they're not an expert yet. Um, okay!
if that's the message you get from my words, you are getting the wrong message, or better said, drawing the wrong conclusions....would you go to a library with a 10.000 copies of the same book? Probably not. The message was, people get tired people of asking the same questions over and over again. Because this is asked frequently, and believe me, there is nothing wrong with your question, there is a lot of info on here which you can find.
You took it way to personal, I was merely explaining something..

PS.
I might sound a bit sour, I realize that, but imagine you are on two english, two german and one Dutch forum, for years and years, like me, and you answer these questions most of the time, there comes a moment when you think: to hell with it, use the search function.....

llamastick

Arachnoknight
Honestly, I'd just assume any adult female that's ever been kept communally or wild-caught is gravid. Most of them are, lol.