Worried about my B Vagans

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Guys, a little help please.

I am worried about how big the ophistoma of my B Vagans became. I have been feeding him/her with mealworms every now and then. When she stopped responding to the worms, I opened the lid to take the uneaten worm out. Lo and behold, I saw a very obese creature. Dark and Shiny, almost telling me that its about to molt.

Now goes my question: is this condition a sure way to create a problematic molt? I haven't seen any T get a tummy this big for its size. He/She is just around 3 inches in total leg span. If this is a potential disaster in the making, is there anything I should do?

Pics attached:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good grief that's a fatty.
I have never had a problem with fat Ts when they molt. But since you know she is in premolt STOP HANDLING her. Make sure the water dish stays full and if you want add some water to the substrate in the corner but other that just wait I am sure she will be fine.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good grief that's a fatty.
I have never had a problem with fat Ts when they molt. But since you know she is in premolt STOP HANDLING her. Make sure the water dish stays full and if you want add some water to the substrate in the corner but other that just wait I am sure she will be fine.
Whew... thanks for that. Coming from someone as experienced, this gives me a lot of relief. I will definitely head to her tank later after office and ensure I do everything you suggested. Thanks, again sir! Oh and I still don't know if it is a he or she. Really poor at checking the fussillae

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What I've noticed is when my T is fatter before it molts it gains more size on postmolt, then a skinnier T. I guess that could be considered common sense. :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, yes, I agree with Ryan. That is a little fatty. Stop handling it immediately, if you drop it now that big butt will rupture for sure.
How much and how often were you feeding it? You also need to watch it with the worms, one every now and then is okay, but worms are very high in fat.
Feeding once a week crickets or roaches is enough for any T. You might be seeing some really significant growth after the moult.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, yes, I agree with Ryan. That is a little fatty. Stop handling it immediately, if you drop it now that big butt will rupture for sure.
How much and how often were you feeding it? You also need to watch it with the worms, one every now and then is okay, but worms are very high in fat.
Feeding once a week crickets or roaches is enough for any T. You might be seeing some really significant growth after the moult.

Thanks. You are indeed correct... The guy (turns out) molted last Sunday. A big change in size was evident... Some pics...

Sorry for the pics... used phone camera only...

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hah! he molted to a "normal" butt! i'd definitely cut the worms out of the diet for a while. it's like candy. :)

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a really big booty! LOL! Reminds me of my neighbor! LOL!

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its butt looks like normal premolt butt. It won't be hungry for a while, still has food stored within!!!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats on a successful moult, he is a very handsome young man!!! Do watch it with the worms, if you want to try something with more nutrition and more meat in the meat to shell ratio, try some roaches instead of crickets.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on a successful moult, he is a very handsome young man!!! Do watch it with the worms, if you want to try something with more nutrition and more meat in the meat to shell ratio, try some roaches instead of crickets.

Thanks. I noticed that the mealworms mature into bugs... Will this do as well?