Worms in my T's Water!

StephSully

Arachnopeon
So I went to change my rosehair's water and found several tiny white worms (not food & all were dead) in her water bowl. Anyone have any info on this? :?:wall: I don't want her to die or be sick and would like to have some sort of idea as to what's going on with these mysterious white worms. Thanks for helping!

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Prob flies larvae ;). No worries but you must keep an eye on your cage!

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The most common insect found on the surface of waterbowls is the springtail. These are elongated, white, can jump and are beneficial to your enclosure. However, its not commonly found it dry enclosures because they need a level of moisture to survive. Perhaps you're keeping your enclosure a little too moist?

If you're very concerned you can tip away the water and leave the enclosure to dry out completely - that will kill bugs off. But, if they are springtails they pose no threat whatsoever.

slash63

Arachnopeon
Check if there are some dead crickets(or whatever you feed) laying somewhere in the terrarium. Sometimes they are the reason for unwanted insects in the terrarium. How often do you change the water in the water bowl?

slash63

Arachnopeon
I don´t think the worms are flies larvae cause when he changes the water everyday where should they come from? I agree with Poxicator the worms are probably springtails. But I don´t think you have to worry if they are not sitting on your spider.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don´t think the worms are flies larvae cause when he changes the water everyday where should they come from? I agree with Poxicator the worms are probably springtails. But I don´t think you have to worry if they are not sitting on your spider.
Nah, I get knat larvae once in a while the water bowls. Usually not long after new moss is put in. I think they crawl in by mistake at night looking for water.

Springtails are usually right on the surface and hop whenever disturbed.