worm in with my b.dubia

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Was checking on my dubia the other day and found a few of these little guys any idea what they are?

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Is this something I should be overly alarmed about? Will they harm or affect the dubia at all?

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
They are fine, I have them in with my colony and they help in dealing with dead roaches.

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Sweet I did some reading and they seemed fine since they eat decaying matter so didn't seem like they would be an issue

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Won't hurt a thing, but when they start showing up in my colony it's tells me I've been lacking on my upkeep. I like to keep my colonies spotless seeing as I'm allergic to the frass, sinuses blow up if I spend to much time messing around in the bin.

scaledverts

Arachnopeon
Just be careful though, the adults will bite if they get out. Also, they can and will eat old books too (or really anything organic) if they get out. We kept a couple large colonies of these in grad school as a way to skeletonize fish. More than once we discovered an escapee after it had bitten our foot!

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Just be careful though, the adults will bite if they get out. Also, they can and will eat old books too (or really anything organic) if they get out. We kept a couple large colonies of these in grad school as a way to skeletonize fish. More than once we discovered an escapee after it had bitten our foot!
probably depends on the species. The ones I have I have never found outside of the tubs. I should post some pics of them sometime.