WorldWide T-Day Venting

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is really cool how this is all shaping out, but I'd like to politely remind everyone that a few of us really started this and did the work... and while we ALL need to be a part of it, it's frustrating when people just randomely start making their own thing by themselves or taking credit/advertising for events we already have planned.

By all means please do what you can in the community and such, but there is a vision and we're making it happen. There is an idea set and we need help with that -not people branching off and trying to do their whole different WWTDay.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So what do you want, your name plastered on all the posters or something? Think you'll get famous?

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nope. Not at all. Just some organization. Simply put- we're already working on things. So there's no need for others to be starting the exact same thing.

Believe me bucko, if I wanted to be famous, I wouldn't be doing it by trying to help fund an educational Worldwide Holiday.

But thanks. And have a nice day.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We're trying to add to your event and make it better... what you're trying to accomplish depends upon the support of many people. We're not trying to steal your thunder, but there's no reason more of us can't help out.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We're trying to add to your event and make it better... what you're trying to accomplish depends upon the support of many people. We're not trying to steal your thunder, but there's no reason more of us can't help out.
And if you read the original post, that's exactly what I said. We need more people, with more communication because people are doing the exact same things.

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't want to argue, but by what authority can we decide something that is meant to be "worldwide", furthermore planned mostly by amateur hobbyists...theorically, this is a project we all share in common, it's democratic, there are no elected members who can decide for others. what will differentiate us all will be the part we play in this project, some will be active, some will not.

in case your thread is in reply to my concern about the name Worldwide Tarantula Day, well it just seemed normal to me that we can discuss if this is the most appropriate name for this international event. that was just a semantic questioning here, based on opinion...

Fred

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And I encourage you to do that. Discuss away.
BUT...if you don't COMMUNICATE and people dont decide...we could have 30 different "Worldwide Tarantula Days" or 20 variations on the name it kind of defeats the purpose.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't want to argue, but by what authority can we decide something that is meant to be "worldwide", furthermore planned mostly by amateur hobbyists...theorically, this is a project we all share in common, it's democratic, there are no elected members who can decide for others. what will differentiate us all will be the part we play in this project, some will be active, some will not.

in case your thread is in reply to my concern about the name Worldwide Tarantula Day, well it just seemed normal to me that we can discuss if this is the most appropriate name for this international event. that was just a semantic questioning here, based on opinion...

Fred
Also, if you read all the previous posts AND the forum on the website..that was the name that was chosen.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm afraid when it comes to something like this, ultimately the people will decide what the name is, not whatever was chosen.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm afraid when it comes to something like this, ultimately the people will decide what the name is, not whatever was chosen.
"The people" chose it. There's a forum and everything. Do your research before making uneducated comments.

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok, i think i had wrongly interpreted this post...it just sounded like a bunch of people were deciding things with a falsely open attitude towards other's input. sry

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, i think i had wrongly interpreted this post...it just sounded like a bunch of people were deciding things with a falsely open attitude towards other's input. sry
I think that's how everyone is taking it when it isn't.
You can't celebrate a day with one person.

But organization could make all our time and ideas put to better use. (Ie- if two people make an event on the same day...it would be beneficially better to obviously do them on seperate)

fishwithoutabik

Arachnobaron
This is really cool how this is all shaping out, but I'd like to politely remind everyone that a few of us really started this and did the work... and while we ALL need to be a part of it, it's frustrating when people just randomely start making their own thing by themselves or taking credit/advertising for events we already have planned.

By all means please do what you can in the community and such, but there is a vision and we're making it happen. There is an idea set and we need help with that -not people branching off and trying to do their whole different WWTDay.
i think this sounds a wee bit petty. something on the scale of a holliday, especially with "worldwide" in the title is going to really need to be a huge collaberative effort. i have read these posts from the begining as well as most of the other people who would like to see it happen. i havent seen anything that seems like they are trying to "randomly start making their own thing.... or taking credit/advertising..."

IMO this seems like you would like for everybody to come to you with whatever ideas/plans/contributions they have in mind for approval.
I also think that including other arachnids in the event would do a world of good, especially when at least part of the focus will be on education.
My .02

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well that was my point concerning the title...Put it this way, "Worldwide Tarantula Day" concerns tarantulas only, thats what the title says. However, enlarging it to "Arachnid Day" would be more appropriate if the event is intended to popularize not only tarantulas, but scorps, solifugid,...For instance, many many people have no idea that a scorpion is in fact an arachnid. downside is, that title would still exclude centipedes, millipedes and so on...

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well

All I know is that I am making the T-Shirts (no pun intended lol).
08-8-08 Nation T Day T-shirt.
"Got Silk"

Special thanks too Verry_Sweet for the design.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually

The way I see it, tt would be very smart for many people to be doing the same things on the same day in different locations. It would be very smart to have more than one T-shirt design made. It would be very smart to have multiple websites talking about the day and why it is important. If different groups of people want to get together and come up with their own localized ideas for what they can create to add to this over-all project, than more power to them! If people really want this to work then it just looks better if more mini-organizations stuck with the over-arching theme and then did their own thing beyond that.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think this sounds a wee bit petty. something on the scale of a holliday, especially with "worldwide" in the title is going to really need to be a huge collaberative effort. i have read these posts from the begining as well as most of the other people who would like to see it happen. i havent seen anything that seems like they are trying to "randomly start making their own thing.... or taking credit/advertising..."

IMO this seems like you would like for everybody to come to you with whatever ideas/plans/contributions they have in mind for approval.
I also think that including other arachnids in the event would do a world of good, especially when at least part of the focus will be on education.
My .02
You guys seriously need to chill out and stop getting defensive.
You're completely missing the point ,and had you read my responses to other threads, etc. You'd see this.

Don't put words in my mouth or make assuming guesses at what you 'think' I'm trying to say. What I am trying to say, and I'll spell it out for you so there's no issue, is that this needs to be more organized. It's flying everywhere without any communication.