World's smallest Wolf Spider???

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Hi all! A few days ago I found what I thought was a baby Wolf spider. I have searched all over Arachnoboards and the I-net for a match to her (to no avail). I found her at work (a gas station, of all places). She is a very flighty little thing, runs at the slightest movement. She can climb plastic and glass very well! If I could get her to sit on a dime, she would have room to spare, she is THAT small.
Here's what's really cool! I was gone 4 hours max, and when I checked on her to see if she had eaten.. she had a beautiful teal-blue EGGSACK!!! Needless to say, I was quite shocked at this.
If anyone can help with an ID for her, I would be so grateful! I want to be sure I can give her some proper housing and food. I even wonder if she is native to my location. I live 40 miles south of Jacksonville, Florida.
Normally I would have given her some substrate from the area I found her, but... she was found in an Ladie's Restroom...
I hope the pics are clear enough. My camera is an old Fuji FinePix S3000. :8o
Please help with an ID... I love my little girl, and want to give her the proper housing she needs.. more so with some babies on the way! I say again, this girl is TINY! Thanks to all replies and help!

Attachments

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Wow... no replies?

OK, I have another one to ID... this one was found 6.12.2010, in my Hogna lenta's KK. She looks nothing like my H. lenta, and it seems like she is another very small Lycosa. (I could be wrong) Any ideas as to what Wolf sp. she belongs to? I need some help, please! Neither spider has taken prey since I found them. (That I know of) They both have taken water, which is very good-at least they are not dehydrated. Thanks in advance for any help!
Hopefully I posted correctly... :8o

Attachments

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice pictures.
if its been like a week and it still hasn't eaten that's fine, even 2 weeks is okay, they look very plump. Usually spiders with sack don't eat, but you could try throwing in a pinhead cricket/piece of it in the enclosure. See how that goes.
Those spiders look like the common species of wolf spiders we have all around our ground, maybe they are some kind of grass wolf spider, because that's where I usually find them.

The mom will carry the babies on her back, if she is draging the sack around with her.

Also what's odd is, I never saw them climbing glass or plastic (well I never tested for the ones around here) interesting.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Hi CentipedeFreak!

Thank you for stopping by, and for your input. I was worried that she would get stressed too much if I gave her the wrong substrate and such. At the moment I am preparing a KK (one of the larger ones) for her. It seems these are an very common Spider, so I will "imitate" the substrate around my house. Peat Moss and lots of plants and hiding areas. I think the darker-colored Spider will benefit from the same type of setup.
I just checked all of them, and found both happily munching on Fruit Flies! Yaayyy!!! :clap: I will post pics in a few days of their new homes. I will take a look at Grass Spiders too, to see if I can find a match for her. TY so much for replying! :) MW

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's fine if you have a smaller type of jar and keep them in there, they don't need too much space. It seems they will find a way out of a large KK, from the top bars.
Peat moss, and some hiding areas are fine, I don't think they will benifit from plants very much, maybe to climb and escape. lol

enjoy ! :)

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like a Thin-Legged wolf spider, we have tons of them scrambling the grassy areas next to our house...same sort of habitat I found a different species of similar small wolfies in NJ, always darting from place to place with a small eggsac dragging behind.

They should eat pretty much anything you'd commonly find in the grass, leafhoppers, small flies, etc. They have funny eyes.

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A wild guess for the first spider would be a Pardosa sp. All Pardosa spp are pretty small, and iirc it's the genus with most species within the Lycosidae family. Pardosa egg sacks are flat-ish btw.