Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Worlds largest jumping spider

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Balkastalkman, Jun 6, 2010.

1. beetleman

beetleman Arachnoking Old Timer

Advertisement
    oooooooh daddy:worship:that thing is awesome,never knew they can be that big........yeah i want some too:)

2. EXOPET

EXOPET Arachnosquire

3. I've got 11 pairs of those ;P

...If I lived near you, EXOPET, you would not have those 11 pair! :D:D:D

S.

4. Balkastalkman

Balkastalkman Arachnosquire

5. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

we live by octopunctatus (southern california). they are more or less "just grey" though, iirc

i think pulk caught one before, actually. pulk or what. i get them confused

6. syndicate

syndicate Arachnoemperor Old Timer

USA
    WOW!!! D:
    That is amazing!
    -Chris

7. jrzyspider

jrzyspider Arachnopeon

Do they bite?

8. Scolopeon

Scolopeon Arachnoknight Old Timer

Incredible spiders, the only real drawback would be the life span.. 1 year + if I am correct, 2-3 in unusual cases.

9. supaken

supaken Arachnopeon

UK
    Hyllus

Hi I wonder if anyone can tell me how I can aquire any of the Hyllus species Diadi or Giganteus Ive searched for months and Im begining to think they dont exist.Best regards to every one Supaken.

10. They exist....ill try to find the kink to one I had seen a couple months ago.

11. I think is the site:
    http://exopet.co.uk/
    that site had hyllus diardi before.
    But you must keep colonies of these and breed them because they have very short lifespans.

12. Solucki

Solucki Arachnoknight

You can find many salticidae here http://www.johnkoerner.org/ExoticOddities/jumping.html tho there is a $100 minimum order I believe. Most are $10-20 so you need to order a bunch.
    I actually have a 1" DLS MF p. audax which just birthed over 100 babies. She is an absolute badass. She takes on grasshoppers over twice her size. And she can jump clear across her Large KK to get it. About 8-9"

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. Wow... is that individual from the video a proper identification?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.