Arachnopeon
What do you think? Does anyone have pictures of any contenders?:D

Cheers

T.blondi female - comparison 375g Crunchy Nut box

T.blondi female - femur width 1.1cm

T.blondi female - weight 142g

T.blondi female - Alive

T.blondi female Carapace width 4.2cm

T.blondi female body length 11.2cm - (when alive)

T.blondi female leg span 27cm

Last edited:

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful specimen. COngratulations!!

Although i disapprove these size contests ;)

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When was the last size contest again? I can't remember. There are 3 contenders! Now I'll just have to look for that other thread's link.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What's funny about these threads is that they are all irrelevant. Unless you get a verified size by a reliable third party, all pictures are void.

I have a 12" ruler that is really 6" long but miniaturized. If I stick that bad boy beside my A. geniculata female, you'd think I had a 16" specimen. Perceived sizes can be manipulated with Photoshop and perspective shots as well.

MaximusMeridus

Arachnopeon
Well, yes I suppose people could do this and I am sure it does happen, but this is genuine I can assure you. Have had this spider for a while and intend to frame it. Was formerly a star on www.tarantulacam.org

What's funny about these threads is that they are all irrelevant. Unless you get a verified size by a reliable third party, all pictures are void.

I have a 12" ruler that is really 6" long but miniaturized. If I stick that bad boy beside my A. geniculata female, you'd think I had a 16" specimen. Perceived sizes can be manipulated with Photoshop and perspective shots as well.

Last edited:

MaximusMeridus

Arachnopeon
haha, just read it myself. I'd say the proof is measurements such as I have shown. Carapace and femur width are a very good indication. Everything else means very little as body can be fattened up and legs can be stretched when moist as I am sure you have seen.

If I stretched this specimen I have no doubt whatsoever it would reach 30cm, for a female is the largest I know of. Talk of 13" record has never been verified, so who knows. Otherwise it made a great display specimen. I think I will create a tank and mount it just for display. I really miss her she was a real show piece.

There's an entire thread regarding Zilla somewhere on here. It's filled with the accusations and skepticism you'd expect from these threads.

Attachments

lithiumflower9

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Holy crack. Thats huge. Like the spider is on steroids. Definately nice though. Too bad she passed sorry to hear it.

agama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OMG,that is the biggest spider i have ever seen,i thought the biggest was the size of a dinner plate,that looks geneticly grown

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like the set up what did you use to get the fog going on?