World wide phenomenon???

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
Is it just me or do T's look huge when there "free" and not inside their enclosure? This phenomenon seems to occur (at least with me) everytime a T escapes. They go from looking like a 1" little sling to 3 times their size.

basin79

ArachnoGod
........"everytime a T escapes".......

That reads like you really need to improve yourself. If you have tarantulas escaping you're doing something very wrong.

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
I have a reverse experience. When I buy a T and they are in some kind of transport box they always seem smaller then they are. This lead to some Ts getting smaller enclosures then intended.

Transrights

Arachnosquire
That reads like you really need to improve yourself. If you have tarantulas escaping you're doing something very wrong.
Depends heavily on context. "Escaping" could mean as much as "the tarantula walked out of it's enclosure in my bathtub when I was rehousing it". Ask questions before jumping on judging. Apart from that, if their tarantulas really do escape from their enclosures on a regular basis, I agree that sounds like a real problem.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Depends heavily on context. "Escaping" could mean as much as "the tarantula walked out of it's enclosure in my bathtub when I was rehousing it". Ask questions before jumping on judging. Apart from that, if their tarantulas really do escape from their enclosures on a regular basis, I agree that sounds like a real problem.
No.

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
I have a reverse experience. When I buy a T and they are in some kind of transport box they always seem smaller then they are. This lead to some Ts getting smaller enclosures then intended.
^^^I agree 100% agree. When they're in a box, container, kritter keeper, etc. They look small (or in other words...normal).

........"everytime a T escapes".......

"everytime a T escapes" = On 2 occasions I had a tarantula (Hapalopus sp colombia/Caribena laeta) bolt from its enclosure (during a rehousing). Both times I was amazed of how much larger they appeared outside their enclosures (living room floor). Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me.

basin79

ArachnoGod
^^^I agree 100% agree. When they're in a box, container, kritter keeper, etc. They look small (or in other words...normal).

"everytime a T escapes" = On 2 occasions I had a tarantula (Hapalopus sp colombia/Caribena laeta) bolt from its enclosure (during a rehousing). Both times I was amazed of how much larger they appeared outside their enclosures (living room floor). Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me.
It's just how you worded it. Made is sound like it was a regular occurrence.

Your mind won't be playing tricks. It'll probably be the fact if a tarantula escapes or is out of the enclosure they'll have their legs spread out as apposed to being huddled up.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Couldn't agree more: once, a pedeling of S.subspinipes of mine managed to 'Papillon' the heck out and, incredibly, months later reappered 3X bigger.

Uhm... bizarre and fascinating, by Jove :writer:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is it just me or do T's look huge when there "free" and not inside their enclosure? This phenomenon seems to occur (at least with me) everytime a T escapes. They go from looking like a 1" little sling to 3 times their size.
It's just you.