woohoo two second clutches on the way!

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well some of you may remember the H. maculata sack i had a few months back, and i failed to hatch. shes fat and making preparations again:D . maybe this time i can get some slings. also, i just took my A. avics eggsac like a month and a half ago, and she already looks as though she may pop. shes also doing the crazy web decor again. i knew about double clutching but isnt a month and a half kinda fast?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
either way, GOOD LUCK man!!!

congrats if all goes well buddy!
peace
dave

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know about the month and a half timing for the Avic. but it doesn't seem unlikely. Especially if she's repeating her "momma" behavior.
That is very cool about the H. maculata! I was really keeping my fingers crossed for that last sac. I'll try not to jinx it this time.

Best of luck! :)

Atrax

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thanks, i think i know where i went wrong last time. i was really worried about keeping the humidity too high and the eggs dessicating. in my stupidity i believe i allowed them to dry out. im not a whole lot more experienced now, but im confident i can get this one to hatch out. i kept the A. avicularia sack in pretty decent humidity, i just misted the opposite end of the enclosure thus keeping the moisture but not exposing the sack to direct water. pretty simple, i was just a worry wart with that first eggsac.