Woohoo! Pterinochilus sp. laid her eggsac!

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi and I just had to share that my Usambara laid her eggsac this past Saturday. I'm going to be an orange-bitey mommy if everything goes o.k. It's very exciting to know that Cornelius didn't die for nothing. My T.blondi breeding also went well and he is all ready for round two. He made another sperm web and played in it and now it is tore down. Hope this pair will make me just as happy!!!!!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
that's good news! They are in general, great moms. And what fun separating the babies from mom too ;)

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh boy, I really look forward to that one. Miss Kalique will probably try and eat me:D
Any tips that might be helpful??

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
well, keep all fingers and toes away from mom LOL
Ok...seriously....
IME, they will usually stand their ground, making it much easier to herd them into a deli cup or some sort of container.
Getting mom out first is essential. Doing the deed in the bathtub makes it much easier as well. Just make sure the drain is plugged!
Once mom is out of the picture, separating slings is time consuming, but fairly easy. They will be strung in the webbing, and it was impossible for me to get all the webbing off them. I just took a little piece of webbing with them, and put them in their individual containers.
Good luck!
Holley

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats great news, your going to be a grandmother. LOL
Time to start collecting pill bottles.;)
How many Holley, about 500 ? Oh man. LOL

Ernie

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like fun...

While I am a little jealous that you have so many little cuties on the way I am glad that I dont have that task of seperating them to look forward too. :)

Good luck with your sac and I hope all goes well, Maybe you should consider some gloves?

-Charlie

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
no Ernie! thank the gods...only 173 out of the latest eggsac LOL
I don't think P murinus is known for quite the generosity of some of the other NW spp.
I must be insane to look forward to breeding the L parahybana though!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
no Ernie! thank the gods...only 173 out of the latest eggsac LOL
I don't think P murinus is known for quite the generosity of some of the other NW spp.
I must be insane to look forward to breeding the L parahybana though!
I hear that.
My 127 rosea's are kickin my butt. LOL And their friendly :)

Ernie

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Charlie:)

O.K. Mr.T. you kidder! Now you have gone and jinxed me and lord knows how many I will end up with. Probably 300. By the way do you need some?!=D

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
me too!

Me too!! :D

But really, What are you going to do with them all? Thats a lot of spidys.

-Charlie

T

Tarantula

Somebody north of the 49th parallel should breed some of these.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Guarantee ya all, they will be for sale and probably really cheap, thanks for all the offers, it makes me feel better if I do indeed get that many to hatch and live:D