Woodlouse spider tips

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone
I'm still quite new to the keeping of inverts, and would really like to catch a woodlouse spider. Now, i know where to find them, however i need a bit of help on how big the enclosure should be, what is have to include, what type of substrate i need and if i could feed it the nymphs of my dubia colony.
Thanks in advance!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've kept them before in 32 oz deli cups with an inch or two of dirt and leaf mulch from my garden (since that's where I caught them anyway) and a screen top for ventilation. You can also provide a bit of bark or some old leaves for them to hide under, or they'll just burrow in the dirt. They do tend to spend most of their time hidden. The soil should be slightly moist but not wet.

I tried offering mine crickets but they didn't always eat them. What they really prefer is woodlice - so I'd just go out in the garden and find a handful and toss 'em in every week or two. Whenever they'd start running out of woodlice I'd add a few more.

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
I've kept them before in 32 oz deli cups with an inch or two of dirt and leaf mulch from my garden (since that's where I caught them anyway) and a screen top for ventilation. You can also provide a bit of bark or some old leaves for them to hide under, or they'll just burrow in the dirt. They do tend to spend most of their time hidden. The soil should be slightly moist but not wet.

I tried offering mine crickets but they didn't always eat them. What they really prefer is woodlice - so I'd just go out in the garden and find a handful and toss 'em in every week or two. Whenever they'd start running out of woodlice I'd add a few more.
Thanks for the advice, i'll have to wait a few months to go catch one, it's freezing here now.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
the only spider I ever got bit by...and thats saying a lot!!! I found a massive one when my concrete porch was moved. Huge, and I figured I could scoop it.
tagged!
No real effects though