Woodermelón's picture thread

woodermeloon

Arachnopeon
1478310380475-1664109463.jpg

IMG_20161104_213523.jpg 25 gallon hexagon 75w of light 6 hrs a day, and computer fan for airflow. Flora: common ivy and Queen Anne fern. Fauna: 1 MF A.versicolor, spring tails, little Kenyan roaches, Dubai nymphs, giant canyon isopods, and dwarf white isopods. Tanks has been set up for 3 months, versi was added 2 months ago. I plan on hanging the light on chain from the ceiling.
IMG_20161104_213416.jpg
10G with 15 w lighting. Flora: umbrella plant. Fauna: 1 female Lasiodora kulgi, and buffalo beetles. Tanks has been set up for about 10 months with kulgi. I plan on overhauling this tank soon
IMG_20161104_213243.jpg
15 G tank 15w lighting. Flora: Queen Anne fern and common ivy. Fauna: 1 MF H.mac, powder blue isopods, springtails, Dubai nymphs, and earth worms. Tank has been set up for about 3 months. IMG_20161104_213320.jpg
2.5 gallon. Flora: 1 bromeliad. Fauna: 1 immature suspect male P cambridgei. I set this tank up today. IMG_20161104_213448.jpg 1478311591907-1227014504.jpg
From left to right: P.pulcher, G. Pulchripes, B. Albopilosum, A. Chalcodes, B. Calbocla, O.dimentiensis, and a desert hairy scorp

Last edited:

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
That A. versicolor cage is insane! I love it, and nice bromeliad! And is that a little sphere you're keeping the B. albopilosum in? It's so cute :D
Also you should add more substrate to that L. klugi cage, the height of the substrate from the lid should be no less than 1.5x the tarantula's length ;)

woodermeloon

Arachnopeon
Also you should add more substrate to that L. klugi cage, the height of the substrate from the lid should be no less than 1.5x the tarantula's length ;)
I do need to overhaul her enclosure. It was my first attempt at a live enclosure. The reason I only keep some buffalo beetles in with her, is because the soil dries out too quickly for any of the other isos to thrive. I did give it a deeper soil bed than it appears, but she has tamped the soil down significantly as she's grown. When I put her in there she was only 3/5ths her size, it's amazing how quickly they grow.

I have spare tens. I'll make her up a new tank and get good shots of her and the new digs.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I have spare tens. I'll make her up a new tank and get good shots of her and the new digs.
Spare tens?! I wish I had a few tanks just laying around :rofl: But I prefer plastic over glass anyways because I'm too weak to be lifting glass around all the time. If I had some glass tanks I would gladly get another lizard though, eheheh.

I would love to try and make a live cage, it would be so awesome. I REALLY want to set up a communal H. gigas semi-aquatic tank, but I can't think of any animals that would co-habitate with a big spider, otherwise I would add a turtle and some frogs :D

woodermeloon

Arachnopeon
I would love to try and make a live cage, it would be so awesome. I REALLY want to set up a communal H. gigas semi-aquatic tank, but I can't think of any animals that would co-habitate with a big spider, otherwise I would add a turtle and some frogs :D
About the only thing you can keep with your T's is something too small to be noticed. With my larger spiders I will throw a few dubia nymphs in my tanks and watch them grow, until they disappear.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
About the only thing you can keep with your T's is something too small to be noticed. With my larger spiders I will throw a few dubia nymphs in my tanks and watch them grow, until they disappear.
Yeah :( Maybe some little water bugs and I can make it an aquatic plant enclosure (With the deep substrate for the tarantula to burrow o the side)