Wood

Popolo

Arachnopeon
So I’m wanting to make some enclosures but I was thinking about making the bottom,back, and possibly the top out of wood. My question is how to I prevent it form molding? Obviously some type of sealant but I don’t know what would be safe for a T. Thanks for any advice

Popolo

Arachnopeon
top out of wood.
Also I am wondering if any knows the best thing to use for glass sliding for the top glass. Like sliding it out. I’m really bad at wording things sorry. I was thinking something 3D printed

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Are you doing it specifically for aesthetic purposes? If so, build frame out of wood then make an acrylic insert to drop in. This does two things. First prevents mold and second, makes it easier to attach a lid. Basically envision building an acrylic enclosure, then wrapping it in wood. You could always do clear coats etc... but I wouldn’t trust them with long exposure around my T’s.

regards.
some weird dude on AB’s

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I use pond sealer (Pond Armor) to seal my wooden reptile enclosures. It's not cheap though, and for one invert enclosure you'd have to buy way too much. But it's the safest way I've found to seal wood.