Woo hoo

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I now have a 29 gallon tank free...What terresteria/ or aboreal should i put in there?

I'm going to buy a terresterial or aboreal that's at least 3" or bigger so it will already be a sub adult or adult

Here some choices, im going to buy from reptist:

Chromatopelma cyanopubescens U Green & Blue Bottlebrush 3/4+" $38

Haplopelma lividum F Cobalt Blue 5" $54
Heteroscodra maculata F Ornamental Baboon 4+" $54
Lasiadora dificillis M Brazillian Fire Red 4" $45
Pterinochlus lugurdi U Starburst Baboon 3-4" $22

Or from botar:
Cobalt Blue (Haplopelma lividum) WC Adult Females $30.00

Last edited:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Divide it into thirds, make/buy a good lid, lay it on its side, and get three big arboreals.:)
(cambridgei, irminia, pulcher would be nice)

-Sean

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Make sure you have really good dividers though without any airspace for those Ts can squeeze through the tiny spaces {D . I would consider putting a T. blondi in there

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Divide it into thirds, make/buy a good lid, lay it on its side, and get three big arboreals.:)
(cambridgei, irminia, pulcher would be nice)

-Sean
I agree with Shadow. A tank that size would an excellent display on it's side for a couple pokies and a nice versicolor. Let us know what you decide.

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jsut get a brazillian salmon birdeater, big tank big T.
Lasiadora parahybana

Last edited:

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, how lucky r u!!!?
Yes, I agree with the crowd, lol, turn it on its side and get 3 Ts!!!!! It will look awesome when ur done. We will want pics when r done too:D

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, no, no. Do NOT use the tank for 3 spiders. You will eventually end up with two spiders, one of them being very fat.

Cage dividers have a notorious history of letting spiders squeeze through them.

Of course, if you want to experiment they're your pets and it's your money. The final decision is yours, but I'm going to say here and now that the tank dividers are a foolish one.

I personally vote T. blondi, or even using the tank to set up a roach colony.

The latter makes more economical sense if you don't already have a colony.

H. schmidti or C. crawshayi, L. parahybana would also fill up that tank nicely.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm actually not going choose any from this list.

Instead I'm going buy one Usumbara Baboon (Pterinochilus murinus) at 2.5 inches because I have always wanted one of these and every time I went to purchase one something always went wrong. but TODAY I'm getting one for sure and I'll be recieving it tomorrow morning at work. I just have a few questions below

Are these the T's that can make the hissing noise? (forgot the correct term for it)

How do I set up a 29 gallon tank for a semi-aboreal tarantula such as this one?

Are these guys slow / medium / fast growers?

And how fast are these guys anyway?

And if you can tell me anything else about these guys it would be great. thanks to all who respond.

I know about the temperment issue lol.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are these the T's that can make the hissing noise? (forgot the correct term for it)

How do I set up a 29 gallon tank for a semi-aboreal tarantula such as this one?

Are these guys slow / medium / fast growers?

And how fast are these guys anyway?

And if you can tell me anything else about these guys it would be great. thanks to all who respond.

I know about the temperment issue lol.
1.) I've heard of them stridulating, but it's rare if it happens at all.

2.) They grow fast

3.) Beam me up, Scotty ;)

I keep mine in a LWH 6*4*4 KK. 29 gallons is more than enough. Hides and dirt is pretty much all you need. Dirt to 1 legspan to the top kept bone dry with a water dish.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm actually not going choose any from this list.

Instead I'm going buy one Usumbara Baboon (Pterinochilus murinus) at 2.5 inches because I have always wanted one of these and every time I went to purchase one something always went wrong. but TODAY I'm getting one for sure and I'll be recieving it tomorrow morning at work. I just have a few questions below
You will want to put it in something much smaller until its adult. You'll never find a small spider like that in such a big tank

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi a small tank would be best i have a 3ins one in a 12x12x12 and its a happy psycho lol you got to love them ha ha ha ;) ---- phil

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
No, no, no. Do NOT use the tank for 3 spiders. You will eventually end up with two spiders, one of them being very fat.
Hm.. someone isn't too confident with his handiwork? Its quite simple to make completely spider-proof dividers, as well as effective lids.

-Sean

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i agree about the dividers but the lids can be a bit harder to make spider - proof :wall: :wall: :wall: ;) ;) --- phil

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jsut get a brazillian salmon birdeater, big tank big T.
Lasiadora parahybana
Oooh, I agree. My L. Parahybana is huge, awesome, and the first thing everyone looks at when they enter my reptile/spider room. That would be an awesome display cage for one of those beauties....