woo hoo...a molt

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my h. maculata has finally molted...i knew it'd be any day now...and what a day to do it on too, Memorial Day.
i thought something was up when she started all that funky webbing and making this little cave of web inside her little deli cup. it was odd because i have these two sticks leaning against the side of the cup to make a pretty good size hideout for her, and she always webs them together, so today i checked on her and sure enough she was molting, and don't worry, i wasn't disturbing her at all....i think i'll check on her later tonight when i go to bed.

Risto

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats!:D
It's always nice to get a "new" spider.......whether by molt or
purchase......hehe:D

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck on the molt. A smooth molt and a nice new spider is always a good thing :)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Heteroscodra maculata molted last week, it must be thier time molt. How big is yours, and what sex is it?

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jwb121377,
i really can't tell what sex she is because she's in behind those sticks i mentioned and i think she is just too small to tell yet.
i'm guessing she is just kissing 1 3/4 maybe 2 inches now...and i love her colors and patterns.

Risto

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
good luck! if you can, post pics after your sling molts, i for one would love to see them!

i've only been into Ts for about a month now and i haven't had any of mine molt.

i am trembling with nervous anticipation though as i think my 2nd smallest sling, my E. campestratus is about to molt. ahhh...it's driving me insane.

if you could keep us posted as to how long it takes, etc. i'd be ever so grateful. :)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on your molt!! I believe that my maculata is going to be a male. It hasn't molted yet for me but I against my better judgement picked it up at a petstore, it was very thin and dehydrated looking. I have it eating well and watered well, it's looking better than it was. They were so afraid of it at the petstore that they gave me enclosure and all, I have moved it to my own enclosure since.

Andy

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
vulpina, dont you love it when the pet store workers are such wusses that they can't even touch the T with a pencil or anything to get them to move? i was hoping mine would turn out to be that chalky white color but no luck yet...she still has that overall cinnamon color with black markings.

Risto