woo a new cobalt blue!

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just bought a cobalt blue from my local dealer...she's about 2 1/4 or so inches and her name is Betsy :).....i bought her for $40 and she seems to have no spurs and already has a good color of blue coming in!...did i get a pretty good deal on her or what?!?

Risto

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
I think that's a rip off.
And I think you're a little off on this one.

Let's assume this is captive bred, a small sling of H. lividum goes for around $20-$30 from a reputable dealer and then would have a nice $20-$25 shipping charge added.

Or, let's assume it's a wild caught juvenile, they tend to go for around $25-$35 from reputable dealers as adults and also have that $20-$25 shipping charge added.

So, maybe it's not the greatest deal ever seen by mankind, but it's hardly a ripoff.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
May be I am off. But last time that I got a H. lividum I got it for $20.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
I think that's a rip off.
Not even a year ago, this was a $60.00 spider. They've been imported like crazy of late, so we have a flood of WC specimen, many of which came in weak, parasite infested or underweight. If this is a healthy animal and especially if it's CB (although unlikely), $40.00 is a fine deal especially if you consider buying one from your average online dealer would require shipping charges, putting it well over $40.00 total.

bill

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In my country its impossible to find T's in pet stores for under 80$

Now, I'm getting some H.Lividum slings from a guy from Spain for 5Euros each. You guys think I should be afraid of being "cheated"? Like him getting the money and sending nothing?

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Ah, a professional opinion!

Originally posted by invertepet
Not even a year ago, this was a $60.00 spider. They've been imported like crazy of late, so we have a flood of WC specimen, many of which came in weak, parasite infested or underweight. If this is a healthy animal and especially if it's CB (although unlikely), $40.00 is a fine deal especially if you consider buying one from your average online dealer would require shipping charges, putting it well over $40.00 total.

bill
Bill-

Break it down brotha! I'm looking to buy again soon, so I'll have to visit your site and take a look at your price$. I'm looking for a Brachypelma, Avicularia, or Aphonopelma species - not sure what yet......hmmmm. That $40 was deal for that size - my sweet little 2.5" Mexican blond was $45 with shipping!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was just wondering something here. Behaviorally speaking, are Wild Caught Tarantulas of the Asian variety more skittish and High strung than say a Captive Bred Asian tarantula? I've noticed that personality wise my Vietnamese Tiger tends to be more relaxed and mellow than my Cobalt Blue. Of course the Tiger didn't have its cage knocked down twice by an overzealous stray cat, who's now gone permanently.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've seen them in pet stores here for 59.99- 75.00 .....then again one shop here had a mexican redleg juvenile for 130 with a small tank with red sand and a big sponge for water.