Wonky leg after molt

JAGerloff

Arachnopeon
My baby P Metallica delivered to me not long ago with a leg missing. I read that they grow back with the next molt, and my other P Metallica that was missing a leg grew back with her last molt. However this ones leg grew back like a tiny baby leg that looked weird, hopefully you can tell in the pic. I just noticed the other day that this wonky baby leg has fallen off as well. Is this Metallica just not going to have an 8th leg? Did it molt before the leg really had time to grow back?

Attachments

Hi
its normal regrowing legs to look different. It takes few moults for them to catch up with the rest.The bigger the spider more moults are needed.
Regards Konstantin

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My baby P Metallica delivered to me not long ago with a leg missing. I read that they grow back with the next molt, and my other P Metallica that was missing a leg grew back with her last molt. However this ones leg grew back like a tiny baby leg that looked weird, hopefully you can tell in the pic. I just noticed the other day that this wonky baby leg has fallen off as well. Is this Metallica just not going to have an 8th leg? Did it molt before the leg really had time to grow back?
Yes
Usually takes a few molts for a full size leg

JAGerloff

Arachnopeon
Hi
its normal regrowing legs to look different. It takes few moults for them to catch up with the rest.The bigger the spider more moults are needed.
Regards Konstantin

Is it normal for the little leg that showed up to fall off also?

Yes
Usually takes a few molts for a full size leg

Is it normal for the little leg that grew in to fall off also? The wee leg circled in the pic fell off already too

No its not nornal.It should be functional just smaller.
Don't panic tho.It must have not developed properly.It happens.Its good that spider cast it off.They do that sometimes if sth its wrong.
Its gonna be a bit longer now till it regrow but that should be all.
Regards Konstantin

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
it knows what its doing, if theres an issue which they must have been, it has taken care of it, and self amputated it.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Kind of strange, I have 4 P metallica, I had one die during a molt and that was sad, but the one who died had an issue with its leg too. Almost like the ‘foot’ part of its leg was missing or it was a stub. The following molt is the one that took its life, my currently biggest one almost 3 inches, also has a stub foot as well, I’ve found it strange I’ve seen it frequently in this species, however this doesn’t really answer your question, but I had to mention my experiences in that regard too.
Luckily others gave you an answer :p