Wondering if someone can help me?

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
I have 3 small emperor scorpions that I bought I bought and I'm sure they came from the same parents. They are really close and never part from each other and I'm they about 2 1/2 -3 inches. I was in the process of making them a new home and during that time I kept them in a small critter container where 2 out of the 3 molted and the third one has been looking like it is stuck in it's molt. I put them in their new home about a month ago and it hasn't molted yet, their home has three hides but they all chose to share the same one and I think you're not supposed to introduce food when they are ready to molt but I don't want them to get too hungry and eat the other one. I feed them 1 cricket every other day and mist once in a while bcz humidity is already fine where I am 70-80% . I wish I could post a pic but my only source of Internet is my iPhone. Should I mist more or feed them less or separate the one that needs to molt for awhile?.. I'm just afraid if I do that and if it molts they might not accept it back into the group. Please help and thanks for reading

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry about the feeding issue. If you keep an eye on them and remove the uneaten food right away. the problem would occur if you left the prey items in their while the scorpion was molting. The food could attack the scorpion while it was defenceless and kill it. You could also try tong feeding, that way if the food isn't eaten you wouldn't have to worry at all.

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
They cave they stay in has a few peep holes that they made and I can see them all the time. The 2 that molted are always on guard with their claws out ready to eat whatever and the one that needs to molt always hangs out in the back of the cave. I read somewhere that emps don't like damp conditions and so it should only be damp when they molt. So maybe I should just dampen the soil and make the 2 unhappy for awhile till it molts or just remove it for awhile and hope they accept it back and not fight it?.. Anyone have any thoughts

Spikeyness

Arachnopeon
Damp substrate isn't a big problem, just so long as it's not drenched. Do you use a false bottom at all? They're handy to make use of.

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You feed them way too often in my opinion. And I wouldn't worry about one scorpion molting much later, it happens.

I had at one time 19 in a terrarium and most of the time I only saw 6 out (I didn't know I had 19 young ones until I saw none out for days and checked the substrate).

Currently I see 5 or sometimes 6 but I am sure (or at least hope) that there are at least 10. (Will check soon since I am going to split the group into two).

llamastick

Arachnoknight
I read somewhere that emps don't like damp conditions
What. Stop trusting whoever wrote that.

Emperors should have very, very moist substrate. As long as you don't have water pooling, then it's not too damp. Misting doesn't really do anything, since they (should) spend most of their time in burrows and absorb moisture from the ground.

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
yea when i did research on scorpions before I got mine, I was looking to this. General census was decent amount of humidity, good appetites when they eat, and not uncommon for them to fast for long periods of time.

Also, i know with T's they have fast metabolism but if you feed them too much it can actual decrease their lifespan due to stress to their systems(biological wise). I'm pretty sure the same goes for scorpions, but i'm fresh to this hobby so don't take that as gospel.

I have a Hadrurus arizonensis myself, so i don't know personally. just that's what i gathers from tidbit around the net with all the care sheets posted.

good luck with your little guys molt, let me know how it goes!