Wondering if my slings will escape through ventilation holes?

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone

I have built enclosures for my P. Regalis and C. sp Hati Hati slings and I am just wondering about the ventilation holes. I used a 2.5mm drill bit and my slings are currently about 2.5cm in size. Will it be safe to rehouse them or should I rather wait for them to grow a bit more?

Thank you

ThemantismanofPA

Arachnoknight
so the holes are 1/10th the size of your sling? if that is correct, i THINK you'll be ok. if that was a typing error and the holes are 2.5 cm, you need a rehouse

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
so the holes are 1/10th the size of your sling? if that is correct, i THINK you'll be ok. if that was a typing error and the holes are 2.5 cm, you need a rehouse
Thanks for the reply
Yeah, I just want advice from a few people before I rehouse because I really don't want to lose my 2 slings and look for them haha. I know that they are escape artists. Nope the holes are 2.5MM and the slings are 2.5CM

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the reply
Yeah, I just want advice from a few people before I rehouse because I really don't want to lose my 2 slings and look for them haha. I know that they are escape artists. Nope the holes are 2.5MM and the slings are 2.5CM
The best thing I think would be to include a picture of the vent holes

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
IMO those size holes look fine for that size sling. My slings have holes about that size and are smaller than yours. But that’s just my opinion.

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
IMO those size holes look fine for that size sling. My slings have holes about that size and are smaller than yours. But that’s just my opinion.
Awesome, thank you very much. Then I have 3 T's to rehouse tomorrow haha

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Awesome, thank you very much. Then I have 3 T's to rehouse tomorrow haha
See what other people say also because there are way more experienced keepers here then me! I’ve only been keeping T’s for a couple years. There are people With more time in it than me, I’m no expert. I’ve just never had any slings escape out a vent hole even the smallest ones

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would add more to the deli cup. Otherwise, looks good to me.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
If the holes are smaller than the carapace of the sling, youre good. If not, id change cages.