wonder what type...

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Adult tarantulas..... be nice if they told people the Species...... Prolly rosies but.....
And did you check out that "Deluxe Tarantula Habitat "?

Oh doesnt that look nice and dry and arid?

Do people Think when they sell living creatures?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its bad but ,

I relate it to those awful "grow-a-frog" kits that used to be sold at toy stores...some businesses just want the quick buck.
Perhaps you can help me.I am searching (literally everywhere) for suitable containers/tanks/habitats/display cubes for the areboreal species of T's.I dont want to "just tip a critter keeper on its side", and I am looking for a container that opens on the side, or perhaps one that the top lifts off, but from more of the center...I am really driving myself crazy, and the closest I have gotten is a glass cookie jar that has the octagon shape and a cork stopper on one side....*sigh*

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I built mine.
It's really Very simple to Make a relativly nice containment for a T.
Let me get some infor for ya. I think I saw a couple of sites with how to builds on them.
I'm Terrible at explaining. :)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

have you thought about beanie baby display cases? i'm getting some soon that are 4x4x8'' lid is on the top made out of acrylic and 1/8'' thick, look really nice for aboreal slings and small juvies, go to e-bay.com and type in beanie baby display cases there should be a list of em for realtivly good prices, i can get them for 1.00 each plus shipping i'm waiting for 11 right now, i also seen some that were more cubes that would be good for terestials, heres another good site www.pioneerplastics.com they have a pricelist with photos of the conatainers and they are pretty cheap, or the site called 8 has how to build your own terrariums on there pretty easy looking, hope this helps.---Jeff

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
that site has exactly what I am looking for

048-C..those open a third of the way down, dimensions 3x3x8.25..but as far as I can tell, they can only be bought in a case..
I don't need a case...how tempting to fill them all.Thank you, by the way. If i could find those particular containers for sale individually I would be set.

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
modifying enclosures

I'm not the handiest person in the world, but hey, I'm used to gerri-rigging. I wanted some nice/showy containers for my arboreals and knew I hadn't a prayer of cutting plexiglass etc. so:

I went to the garden section at BIG LOTS. They had the coolest lantern/candle/plant holders. Tall; flip top lids ; variable construction (metal, plastics, wood) diverse styles (modern- victorian, rustic) I washed them out really wel, yanked unsuitable things (like opaque glass), and replaced it with fiberglass screen mesh purchased for a few bucks at Home Depot. Added some cool plants etc.....

I love these things! They are beautiful, stylish and I really get to enjoy the spiders placed strategically throughout the house, not just in the spider room (my little corner of my bedroom). It was fun to do, too.

Kelly O