wolf

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any one know where i can buy a wolf spider or do they live in long Island and which is better a wolf or florida huntsman spider

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That depends on the wolf spider, and, well, which you like better! Florida huntsman spiders are more advanced, due to their speed and aggression. They are also arboreal. If you are a beginner looking for a good true spider to start out with, I would recommend the wolf spiders. They are still voracious predators, and attain a respectable size. They are easier to care for, since they are not arboreal ( which makes feeding harder sometimes ) and are a blast to keep! They really MAUL their prey!! Some species I would recommend are Hogna helluo, Rabidosa rabida, and Arctosa cinerea. Or, if you want to start out with a REALLY big wolfie, you should check out Hogna carolinensis- they get a 4" legspan. Most of these species ( H.helluo, R.rabida, and H. carolinensis at least ) are available over the internet if you cant find them in the wild ( in fields, forests, and sandy areas ). I've kept all but the H.carolinensis in this list, and they are all three very fun spiders.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
can u show me some pics and can i find big ones in new york also what site can i find them on

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have both and really like the Wolfs. If you want to trade a T for some, let me know. I have/can get (WC) lots of different sp.

Pax,
Kelly O

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i only have a rose hair and im not willing to trade that because she is my first but i might buy one