Wolf Spider Rescue Questions

im777ark

Arachnopeon
I came across a good sized (a little over 1 inch) female wolf spider at work inside yesterday. I wanted to save her from the boots of my coworkers, but not put her immediately outside due to the current cold snap. I brought her home and put her in a spare 2.5 gallon tank I had with some fresh substrate and water. She seems relatively healthy, has bathed, and built a little nest in the 24 hours since I set her up. She has also produced an egg sac. I only intend to keep her for a few days until the weather warms back up to at least the 60's.
In the 3 days or so I will have her, given her current condition, what level of care should I give her and the egg sac? Will she need food? I assume a medium cricket or 2 would suffice if so. Do I need to provide UV lighting? How much care risks dependency? Any help would be appreciated.

Penn

Arachnosquire
I came across a good sized (a little over 1 inch) female wolf spider at work inside yesterday. I wanted to save her from the boots of my coworkers, but not put her immediately outside due to the current cold snap. I brought her home and put her in a spare 2.5 gallon tank I had with some fresh substrate and water. She seems relatively healthy, has bathed, and built a little nest in the 24 hours since I set her up. She has also produced an egg sac. I only intend to keep her for a few days until the weather warms back up to at least the 60's.
In the 3 days or so I will have her, given her current condition, what level of care should I give her and the egg sac? Will she need food? I assume a medium cricket or 2 would suffice if so. Do I need to provide UV lighting? How much care risks dependency? Any help would be appreciated.
Wolfies are fairly simplistic in their care. Keep her in the tank inside and she will be fine. You can try offering her a cricket, but it isn't necessary if you are only keeping her for a few days. No supplemental lighting is needed, and don't put the enclosure in direct sunlight as it will heat up quite a lot.

botnerdlen

Arachnopeon
Wolfies are fairly simplistic in their care. Keep her in the tank inside and she will be fine. You can try offering her a cricket, but it isn't necessary if you are only keeping her for a few days. No supplemental lighting is needed, and don't put the enclosure in direct sunlight as it will heat up quite a lot.
What would he feed if he was feeling like adopting the spider?

Penn

Arachnosquire
What would he feed if he was feeling like adopting the spider?
A variety of feeder insects are suitable. I feed my Hogna carolinensis dubia roaches, crickets, and waxworms. She only eats one prey item about once a week (less in the winter). She doesn't care for superworms or mealworms, but others have luck with them.