Wolf spider reference photos for tattoo

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Anyone take any good photos of a Hogna carolinensis that has a full body shot and its face in it? I can't find any pictures on Google that matches up to what I want. I want a shot of one standing with all legs visible but still able to see its face, and the spider facing sideways. I have a love for arachnids and would like to add a wolf spider to my sleeve. I was originally going to get a wolf spider face on my hand but that would prevent me from doing a lot of things in my career. I feel like a full body shot and face would look better anyway! Thanks guys.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
@Ungoliant In a way it is, just wish I could see the face better.
Unfortunately, the only angle that shows the face well is from the front. Any dorsal (overhead) or lateral (sideways) angle is going to limit how much of the face is shown. (Spiders can't really turn their heads away from their bodies; that's part of why visually-oriented spiders like jumpers turn their whole bodies to track movement.)

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Yes, it's just the angle that would be different to show the face with all of the legs in it. I'm sure I'll come across one soon enough.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Yay, I found one! The artist might have to draw the rest of the legs because they are cut off in the picture. Now to search for a good black and grey realism artist. Thanks guys!