Wolf spider ID

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This little gal was given to me by a friend. She is from Southern New York State and about 3" in leg span. Any ideas on what she is would help. She also has an egg sac.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, the legs are a little light ( looks like the strong lighting might have something to do with that ), but it could be Hogna helluo. Nice spider in any case!

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, the legs are a little light ( looks like the strong lighting might have something to do with that ), but it could be Hogna helluo. Nice spider in any case!
Thanx. I am hopefully getting one or two more of this species later this week. Apparently they are invading my friends pet store.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have kept a number of H.helluo in the past, if you want any husbandry advice. Be advised, they bite, and it does sting a bit. :rolleyes: Very enjoyable spiders though.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have kept a number of H.helluo in the past, if you want any husbandry advice. Be advised, they bite, and it does sting a bit. :rolleyes:
Yea, this guy has tried to take a chunk out of me and the guy who brought him to me. Any husbandry would be greatly appreciated. I am basiaclly just keeping her in a deli cup with some moist peat at teh moment.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That should work fine for this spider. I keep a number of wolfs this way. Sometimes they will make themselves a little hollow area to hide in.

Yea, this guy has tried to take a chunk out of me and the guy who brought him to me. Any husbandry would be greatly appreciated. I am basiaclly just keeping her in a deli cup with some moist peat at teh moment.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That should work fine for this spider. I keep a number of wolfs this way. Sometimes they will make themselves a little hollow area to hide in.
Yup, thats exactly what she did. She has an egg sac, any suggestions?

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't let the substrate go dry for a long period of time or the egg sac may dry up. She will eat while holding the sac. At some point you will see the sac off of the spider and she will be covered with spiderlings.

Yup, thats exactly what she did. She has an egg sac, any suggestions?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't let the substrate go dry for a long period of time or the egg sac may dry up. She will eat while holding the sac. At some point you will see the sac off of the spider and she will be covered with spiderlings.
Awesome, thank you :)