Wolf spider gave birth! now what?

mealy

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

(A little background) I'm new to the hobby of spider keeping, this being my first species. About a week ago I found a nice sized what i presumed to be "Hogna lenta", Still unsure of the exact species. It had eaten well up until a few days ago, when it started to avoid all food. Today i walk in to my room to find her with a egg sac! Now she has lost quite a bit of size and still will not eat. I had tried feeding a live cricket, till it tried to get the sac. She has not touched a dead cricket.(I have had it in there for 2 hours.) I'm unsure of what to do from here and sacred she may eat her sac! I will attach a quick photo i took. Will update with better picture soon. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Since she just created the sac she probably won't eat for a bit. Wait a few days and try again.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never had any of my wolfies eat their egg sacs. They didn't really eat much else, either, while they were carrying the sacs around - or the babies, for that matter. Once the kids moved out, though, they were back to their normal appetites.

mealy

Arachnopeon
Since she just created the sac she probably won't eat for a bit. Wait a few days and try again.
I've never had any of my wolfies eat their egg sacs. They didn't really eat much else, either, while they were carrying the sacs around - or the babies, for that matter. Once the kids moved out, though, they were back to their normal appetites.
Thanks you for the reassurance! She seems to doing well, ate the back legs off a cricket. Will post a better picture of her tomorrow.