Wolf Spider care?

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I am still seeing hogna as a bit bulkier but nevermind.
It is beside the point.

They hunt mice because they(huntsmen) are much larger than wolf spiders and can do it.

House mice do not injure snakes, order of magnitude bigger rats do.
Tarantulas are a big IF too.

And here we go again, variables that exist in nature would make little to no difference.

Of course i am still looking forward to you posting some evidence yourself, but that will clearly not happen as it seems.

By bigger you mean "barely at that" which still makes huntsman the much larger spider there.

And the only thing huntsman could have affected in size by eating is the abdomen.

Alas! Your abysmal reading comprehension skills strike again!

I was talking about the first video.

I really have no need to provide anything beside those.

Given how you have provided......0 evidence yourself.

Ah, I see. You are one of those potato plants who failed elementary reading comprehension and so has to have everything pointed out in neon lights. Very well, I shall hereby dumb my post down and, instead of forming my argument in a single, unbroken text, split it up into little bits so your little potato head could understand my points - for I have indeed responded to many of these repeatedly, and the only other explanation is that you are deliberately ignoring my posts.
I don't see how the Hogna looks bulkier. They are almost identical.

Again, you're missing the point. My point is not that huntsmen can hunt mice whereas wolf spiders cannot, it's that wolf spiders are less likely to injure the huntsman if it were to attack either.

Mice will absolutely injure a snake, to say otherwise is stupid. Look up snake killed or injured by mouse, one of the first results is about somebody's two foot snake that had been injured by a feeder mouse. Also, usually you would feed rats to snakes that are larger than those that are being fed on mice. As for tarantulas, maybe think about how thick the abdomen of a tarantula is and then look at mice chewing wood. If a rat can kill a decent-sized python or boa then why couldn't a mouse kill something smaller? Why do you think wild snakes often have rodent scars?

Variables we see in nature make a massive difference. There is space to run away, it might occur thousands of times over rather than twice, the wolf spider might be in an ambush position in its burrow or the huntsman would be in an ambush position on a tree stump, etc, etc. How doesn't it make a difference?

Again, the huntsman does not look 50% larger as you said.

I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but the abdomen makes up most of the wolf spider's mass in comparison to the rest of it. How would the huntsman feeding on the wolf spider make no difference?

You were talking about the first video? Yeah, excuse my awful reading skills while we ignore the fact that in neither video does the huntsman drop onto the wolf spider, in the first video it runs straight into the wolf spider. Running into and trying to push the wolf spider away with its legs doesn't equal dropping. The huntsman in the second video does the exact same thing when it tries pushing the wolf spider away.

TheSnark posted a picture of a huntsman eating a wolf spider, then you said the huntsman is 50% larger. Its not. That is your evidence, and simple logic should tell you that 2 videos taking place in a jar is not evidence for what happens thousands of times over in the wild and that a huntsman is fully capable of eating a wolf spider, again, why wouldn't it be capable of doing so?

I'm not ignoring your posts, which have ignored? And you still didn't explain it, why not?

If I'm such a potato then please explain why you comment an opinion and then when you're shown something that contradicts it you don't say anything? You said that Tasmanicosa and Hogna aren't nearly as similar as I was saying, then I posted two pictures of pretty average spiders that have an almost identical build and you say "yeah, the Hogna still looks a little bit bulkier" right after you were saying they weren't nearly that similar.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Good question...

I enjoy keeping wolf spiders. This next year, my plan is to try to breed them, but good information is very lacking and difficult to find.

....keep looking.....

Tarantula time

Arachnopeon
Do you have any good care tips?
Hey man!! I now a little about them:)
I've got a wolf spider named ember, she's massive and eats anything you give her!! I've also got a rabbid wolf spider!!!
IMG_20210108_235332.jpg
That's her with a meal worm.

You'll need a good sized container with a secure lid , some leaf litter, a bottle cap for a water dish, substrate ( I just used dirt ), a small hide and some good meals!!

They don't need special lighting or heat, but I do like to keep it a good amount of humid n there.

Decorate with whatever you want!! They ain't gonna complain!!

I'm not sure what else to put on here.... So I guess that's all!!!

Edit: here's her enclosure↓ IMG_20210109_014749.jpg

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Hey man!! I now a little about them:)
I've got a wolf spider named ember, she's massive and eats anything you give her!! I've also got a rabbid wolf spider!!!
View attachment 371534
That's her with a meal worm.

You'll need a good sized container with a secure lid , some leaf litter, a bottle cap for a water dish, substrate ( I just used dirt ), a small hide and some good meals!!

They don't need special lighting or heat, but I do like to keep it a good amount of humid n there.

Decorate with whatever you want!! They ain't gonna complain!!

I'm not sure what else to put on here.... So I guess that's all!!!

Edit: here's her enclosure↓ View attachment 371535
That’s a cool enclosure and nice wolf! I know quite a bit more about them than I did at the time I wrote that a year and a half ago haha. I have a few wolfs right now, I forgot to add a water dish thanks for reminding me!