Wolf spider baby????

Edub

Arachnopeon
A bit blurry, but eye pattern looks like a Wolf spider, yes.
What does the rest of it look like?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
The lighting in your pic makes it hard to say for sure, but it seems like some kind of wolf spider. The 2 big eyes with 4 small eyes lined up underneath them is how you can differentiate them from other types of spiders.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes it’s a wolf spider, not necessarily a baby. There are wolf spiders that are smaller than 1/4” fully grown and others that are over 3”. Lots of possibilities

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you know how to tell if they are full grown
If it’s a male, its mating organs would be visible. If it’s a female, it just depends on what species it is. It’s more difficult to know if a female is fully grown or if it’s still young, knowing the species and their adult size is how you’d know. I’m not sure what species of wolf spider this is however

newbiespooderlover

Arachnopeon
I found another supposed wolf spider that is laying some kind of sheet like webbing all over its enclosure. Screenshot_20230605_070308_Picture Insect.jpg

The bug app identified this as Allocosa funerea ( yellow wood spider)​

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
You’re thinking of something different. These wolf spiders are extremely small
Yeah wish I knew the name of them, they are in same habitat as the sowbug killer spider .. w/e its name was with long red fangs. Ohio doesn’t have a lot of big spiders so far north it’s one of the bigger ones.

newbiespooderlover

Arachnopeon
I do know that only one of the two wolf spiders I caught web over everything. They are both tiny and I don't know how to tell a full grown spider from a baby. They are both lil savages tho.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I do know that only one of the two wolf spiders I caught web over everything. They are both tiny and I don't know how to tell a full grown spider from a baby. They are both lil savages tho.
It’s weird I used to see spiders all over here not seen any outside this year. They used to be all lots of tiny wolf spiders . And the thin legged spiders that make funnel like webs in Ohio. Look similar to a wolf but slender .

juniperkisses440

Arachnopeon
My “tiny wolf spider” ended up being a funnel weaver :) gorgeous and a healthy eater. Beautiful webbing. That’s how I could tell it wasn’t a wolfie before the last molt. Was kicking it with my other inverts and decided it wanted to move in.
the second picture doesn’t look like a wolfie to me but it’s easier to tell from the eyes (usually- some cave wolfies have reduced or no eyes)
The legs and coloríng don’t seem super wolfie to me but there are so many species it’s hard to say definitely. I’ll agree with the above that it looks like it’s related to the wood louse or mouse spiders.