Wolf ID

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found this spider in the garden today. I think its a female wolf but I'm not sure. I'm located in North Idaho.

This is what I'm keeping her in for awhile, does it look ok? I've never kept a true spider before.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice spider. Habitat looks good. She's pretty fat; I wouldn't be surprised if she makes a sac someday soon.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, the possibility of a sack crossed my mind. That would be really cool to see then I could release her and all the babies.
She seems to be adapting to captivity well, she is currently munchin' on a roach

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its really hard to put it to species. Lycosid systematics #1 are already bad and in the process of more revision #2 there are very few that a visual can get you to an exact species on without closer examination.

What size is it? I cant seem to figure out what the water dish is so I cant relate its size in my head.:?

As Padkison mentioned, it is fat and could indicate a sac coming. If it does.........hmmmmmmmmm...........I'd take it off your hands:D

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep, its a 20 oz pop bottle lid. She has a 1- 1 1/4" leg span, maybe a bit bigger.