Witnessed my first molt...PICS

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I got home from work tonight, I saw my little guy on his back. I've seen my spiders flipped over before, but never got a chance to stick around. This time I saw the whole thing, and it was awesome! Never seen anything this fascinating before... so anyway, here's the pics of the little guy, enjoy!

Last edited:

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And here he is, all fresh and new.:clap: {D Flawless molt... finally saw an entire molt. As soon as I saw his "head" pop out of that carapace, I didn't move and just watched him for the next hour as he finished his molt.

Last edited:

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good-looking kid you got there! Congrats on a successful first molt! {D

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Very nice!

Nice little Chaco Golden Knee that you have!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congratulations :D My aureostriata was the first of my T's to honour me with a moult and like yours was kind enough to leave it in perfect condition for me to keep. They are such polite spiders, lol. Is yours definitely a he?

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulations :D My aureostriata was the first of my T's to honour me with a moult and like yours was kind enough to leave it in perfect condition for me to keep. They are such polite spiders, lol. Is yours definitely a he?
It was awesome. My first spider that molted for me was my red knee. And since then, all of the rest of the spiders, (exluding my brand new versi) have molted, but I had never seen it actually happen. I was always at work...:wall: But this time he was on his back when I got home from work, so I was able to watch the whole thing develop. As for the gender... I definitely believe it's a he :wall: :( I noticed some fusillae, and so far a complete lack of spermathecae inside the molt. If they are there, they're still too small for me to see with my magnifying glass and light. He's only about 2.25 inches after this molt (measured him when he did his 'superman' stretch!) so perhaps it's too early to tell. I should know 100% with the next molt, but for now I'm leaning male.

ElvirasMom

Arachnopeon
Great pictures! Hoping my T will molt when my girls are around to witness it. I'll be sure and share these pics with them. Thanks for posting!:)

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
too cool

Mine are so not cooperating with me. I've had two molts this month where I get up in the morning, and they're on their backs and I HAVE to go to work. I come home to freshly moulted T, but don't get to watch. Got a camera with a time-lapse feature, so we'll see if I'm smart enough to set it up to capture the event next time somebody decides to moult out in the open. Glad you got to watch yours, and thanks for the pix!