Without food for 3 weeks

Teags

Arachnopeon
Hi there! Quick question:

I have a 3 yr old Curly and a 5 yr old Rose.
I will be on a trip for 3 weeks and do not have anyone whose comfortable enough to check on them for food, but can provide water. I'm planning to just feed them more than normal before I leave.

Ive seen on threads that they can live for years without food but that sounds more like their choice.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I travelled for over three weeks last year, and left over 30 tarantulas, scorpions, and trues unattended. I returned to zero casualties, and many were slings. Do not worry, they will be fine regarding the food. You do not even have to feed them more before you leave, particularly the two species you keep. They won't even notice you're gone.

cold blood

Staff member
3 weeks is nothing...you literally have to do nothing....both species can go longer than that on a normal feeding schedule.....for instance, my rose hair gets one cricket a month.

Last edited:

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
A well-fed tarantula that size can go over a year without food so you should be fine.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ohh my god! I thought that it was you that was without food for 3 weeks!:angelic: Tarantulas can be out of food a long time. Just provide water!

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
They'll be totally fine. As long as someone can give them fresh water they'll be just peachy. As a side-note, G. rosea/porteri can fast for months and sometimes even years so yours going 3 weeks without food shouldn't even begin to be a problem.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Years don't help, size does. If at typical size that I'm imagining, they will be fine.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
They will go longer then 3 weeks on there own sometimes. I had 2 slings burrow down for 6 months before I saw them again.