Wish me luck!

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
20211129_004641.jpg

I've finally sexed out all of my Pamphobeteus sp. solaris slings. I officially have 4.3 , more males than females but I actually found that to be in my favor. I figured it would give me more chances of breeding them multiple times with 4 males and hopefully get some success. I've also started cooling down the males and pumping up the females, currently all of the females are in premolt. That would mean that they're already ahead of the males. I've done growth manipulation for breeding multiple times before so I'm not worried about that. Wish me luck on my goal to bring this species' prices down!

Also have some T. blondi, T. apophysis, T. seladonia and Cyriopagopus sp. "Bach Ma" breeding projects going on so wish me luck 5x lol

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
View attachment 404693

I've finally sexed out all of my Pamphobeteus sp. solaris slings. I officially have 4.3 , more males than females but I actually found that to be in my favor. I figured it would give me more chances of breeding them multiple times with 4 males and hopefully get some success. I've also started cooling down the males and pumping up the females, currently all of the females are in premolt. That would mean that they're already ahead of the males. I've done growth manipulation for breeding multiple times before so I'm not worried about that. Wish me luck on my goal to bring this species' prices down!
Even if you bring them down and achieve your goals, you're gonna be a millionaire in a few years from all these. :troll: Good luck

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
View attachment 404693

Also have some T. blondi, T. apophysis, T. seladonia and Cyriopagopus sp. "Bach Ma" breeding projects going on so wish me luck 5x lol
Have you ever had any issues with pairing siblings? The slowing down for females and the speeding up of males obviously doesn't happen in the wild and therefore helps with different genes etc so just wondering if any issues you have encountered previously?
(Assuming your Solaris are siblings and that is your plan)

I know that when M balfouri colonies from the same sac start to get MMs, they end up "bothering" their sisters that are not yet sexually mature/big enough and so I always remove the MMs.

Just curious I guess as I have 5 Pamphobeteus sp arana polito that I may consider a similar approach to.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Have you ever had any issues with pairing siblings? The slowing down for females and the speeding up of males obviously doesn't happen in the wild and therefore helps with different genes etc so just wondering if any issues you have encountered previously?
(Assuming your Solaris are siblings and that is your plan)

I know that when M balfouri colonies from the same sac start to get MMs, they end up "bothering" their sisters that are not yet sexually mature/big enough and so I always remove the MMs.

Just curious I guess as I have 5 Pamphobeteus sp arana polito that I may consider a similar approach to.
No issues. It's been done in the hobby countless times. I believe most of P. victori in the hobby can be traced to the same breeding stock of one person. I forgot his name

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
View attachment 404693

Are your Pamphobeteus sp. solaris T's from the same eggsac?

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Because I do not support captive inbreeding.

Read the link below and scroll down to what Stan Schultz response is. It's right on the money.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Because I do not support captive inbreeding.

Read the link below and scroll down to what Stan Schultz response is. It's right on the money.

I have seen that thread before. Yes, his response is logical but you may have missed the rest of the thread where another person has discussed generations of tarantulas within the same sac have been breed to produce multiples generations of slings without seeing any problems.

Also, multiple species in the hobby like P. victori can be traced to a single breeding group. If the results of inbreeding are drastic or not , we would have mutant tarantulas in the hobby by now.

Last edited:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I have seen that thread before. Yes, his response is logical but you may have missed the rest of the thread where another person has discussed generations of tarantulas within the same sac have been breed to produce multiples generations of slings without seeing any problems.

Also, multiple species in the hobby like P. victori can be traced to a single breeding group. If the results of inbreeding are drastic or not , we would have mutant tarantulas in the hobby by now.
Not mutant tarantulas no, nothing with 9 legs, 2 abdomens etc. etc. but definitely genetic issues.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Not mutant tarantulas no, nothing with 9 legs, 2 abdomens etc. etc. but definitely genetic issues.
How can you say? What genetic issues do tarantulas in the hobby have? What evidence supports that?

In contrast, breeding tarantulas from the same sac has been done in the hobby for years and years. If there are genetic issues, they would be more obvious by now with breeders having to breed species from the same sac to accommodate the demands within the hobby

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
How can you say? What genetic issues do tarantulas in the hobby have? What evidence supports that?

In contrast, breeding tarantulas from the same sac has been done in the hobby for years and years. If there are genetic issues, they would be more obvious by now with breeders having to breed species from the same sac to accommodate the demands within the hobby
Yes you are correct. It would take years to see the effects of inbreeding. I'm not telling anyone what to do. For me I do not want to purchase any CB T's that came from inbreeding.

Read this, it is interesting to read the conversations. Read what Craig Mackay wrote especially. What he says is what I agree with.