Wish me luck!

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Yes you are correct. It would take years to see the effects of inbreeding. I'm not telling anyone what to do. For me I do not want to purchase any CB T's that came from inbreeding.

Read this, it is interesting to read the conversations. Read what Craig Mackay wrote especially. What he says is what I agree with.
That's from a very old thread. Again, people have been breeding tarantulas from the same sac for years and years now. Producing countless generations, if there are effects they would have been showing by now

I have seen ts with no eyes but I do not know if that is a result of inbreeding.
That could be a simple deformity.

Again, if the consequences are dire as people say they are; it would have been very obvious in the hobby by now.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
That's from a very old thread. Again, people have been breeding tarantulas from the same sac for years and years now. Producing countless generations, if there are effects they would have been showing by now
Old but still relative today and for the future until more in-depth research can be done.

And maybe defects have shown but no one was paying closer attention connecting inbreeding to their tarantulas. Colorations, less resistance to parasites/diseases, sizes, fertility and so on.

All I'm saying on this planet all lifeforms, minus the hemophrodites like snails I believe, inbreeding promotes dysfunction.

In the hobby it is accepted to only increase the population in the hobby only.

If anyone was to do a preservation program releasing tarantulas back into their natural habitat then inbreeding is a big no no.

For all I know some of my T's might of come from someone's inbreeding, (my highly defensive T. albopilosus comes to mind).

All I know if I am afforded the opportunity that a breeder I'm buying from gives me that information when requested I can decide for myself. Not deciding for anyone else just me and I prefer non-hillbilly inbreded tarantulas, just sayin.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Old but still relative today and for the future until more in-depth research can be done.

And maybe defects have shown but no one was paying closer attention connecting inbreeding to their tarantulas. Colorations, less resistance to parasites/diseases, sizes, fertility and so on.

All I'm saying on this planet all lifeforms, minus the hemophrodites like snails I believe, inbreeding promotes dysfunction.

In the hobby it is accepted to only increase the population in the hobby only.

If anyone was to do a preservation program releasing tarantulas back into their natural habitat then inbreeding is a big no no.

For all I know some of my T's might of come from someone's inbreeding, (my highly defensive T. albopilosus comes to mind).

All I know if I am afforded the opportunity that a breeder I'm buying from gives me that information when requested I can decide for myself. Not deciding for anyone else just me and I prefer non-hillbilly inbreded tarantulas, just sayin.
It's likely that most of your collection comes from inbreeding somewhere down the line. Without consistent WC imports to promote genetic diversity it's bound to happen.

That being said, your albo is probably the least likely to be inbred, due to the large amount of them imported WC in the last 10 years.

Personally I think hobby inbreeding is a lesser evil when compared to WCs.

That's just my pocket change though.

Note to Marco: are you planning on breeding the Cotztetlana aswell?

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
very much so, what size do you plan to try breeding at?
I'm not actually sure because you know that we literally have very little source about them. I'll just wait maybe for a sign that the spermathecae is sclerotized.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Thought you might find this useful. My Cotztetlana sp. morelos molted and got a really good shot of the spermathecae View attachment 407104
Do you have a pic of your Cotztetlana sp. morelos please? I have the Cotztetlana sp. Puebla so interested in the differences. Mine recently moulted (also female) and is just getribg her 80s leg warmers through.
20211209_180747.jpg

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Do you have a pic of your Cotztetlana sp. morelos please? I have the Cotztetlana sp. Puebla so interested in the differences. Mine recently moulted (also female) and is just getribg her 80s leg warmers through.
View attachment 407126
I was actually thinking that they might be the same species before but now I'm don't think so. This was her before it's most recent molt FB_IMG_1641046903063.jpg

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
I bet there the sp from that inaturalist link I sent you, we'll have to see though
I saw her out the burrow last night since her most recent molt and I can say with some certainty that they could very well be the same species.

Beautiful specimen! My female has setae on her abdomen which is similarly colored to of a T. vagans, a bright reddish orange. And her whole body except from the setae is a matte grey, really beautiful. Never seen anything grey like that on any other tarantula