wish him luck!!

Bread

Arachnopeon
My MM GBB just flipped (oddly in the open, not in his burrow web nest corner)

He hooked out 6 months ago you can see his gloves in the pic, he has taken 2 crickets in that period, (I thought they went 12 months after maturing before a moult? or is it genus dependant?)

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Typically, males don't molt again after maturing. Once they hook out and develop emboli, that's pretty much it for them. They may have up to a year (two at the most) to live, during which time their drive is basically just to find a lady spider to make babies with. Occasionally a male will attempt a post-ultimate molt, but they frequently do not survive it. Those that do survive this "extra" molt are likely to be less robust - I've heard that they are frequently scrawny or spindly - and will almost certainly be missing all or part of their pedipalps, as the "boxing gloves" don't pull through the old exo without ripping them off.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Looking forward the to the outcome of this in the morning. See you then, godspeed little buddy.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Definitely wishing him luck and quite curious to see if he can pull it off (literally). Good luck!

user 666

Arachnobaron
My MM GBB just flipped (oddly in the open, not in his burrow web nest corner)

He hooked out 6 months ago you can see his gloves in the pic, he has taken 2 crickets in that period, (I thought they went 12 months after maturing before a moult? or is it genus dependant?)
break a leg!

Bread

Arachnopeon
Well, sorry to disappoint but he decided at some point this morning not to bother and is now strolling about his enclosure -.-