WIP My Avicularia sp. Colombia enclosure

Meng Lee Khaw

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Just documenting my progress with a arboreal T build.

Terrarium:

Exo Terra Nano(Tall) 20x20x30

Materials:

30x30 Zoo Med Cork Tile
1 Cork bark tube
1 Small Cork bark piece
Dry moss
Coconut peat substrate
Random plants from my garden

Equipment:

Hot glue gun
Brush
Various spoons
Hand saw
Tweezers
Bottle of water
Mist spray bottle

I threw out the foam backdrop and cut the Zoo Med Cork tile to correct size. Added a base layer of peat and then positioned where I was going to place the cork bark and tubes. After splitting the tube in two(and gluing on some moss) I positioned them in place, slowly adding more substrate to the back and front to create a sloping effect. Glued the small cork bark piece to the back tile and in turn glued the taller cork tube to this to secure it.

Here's the progress so far!

01.jpeg 02.jpeg 03.jpeg 04.jpeg 05.jpeg
Will add the live moss and maybe some ferns or plants from the garden next :)

I gotta give a shout out to Pure Exotic for the great tutorials on enclosure setups. If you haven't seen his vids check them out on youtube or his site:

http://pure-exotic.co.uk/vertical/

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Hi all,

Just documenting my progress with a arboreal T build.

Terrarium:

Exo Terra Nano(Tall) 20x20x30

Materials:

30x30 Zoo Med Cork Tile
1 Cork bark tube
1 Small Cork bark piece
Dry moss
Coconut peat substrate
Random plants from my garden

Equipment:

Hot glue gun
Brush
Various spoons
Hand saw
Tweezers
Bottle of water
Mist spray bottle

I threw out the foam backdrop and cut the Zoo Med Cork tile to correct size. Added a base layer of peat and then positioned where I was going to place the cork bark and tubes. After splitting the tube in two(and gluing on some moss) I positioned them in place, slowly adding more substrate to the back and front to create a sloping effect. Glued the small cork bark piece to the back tile and in turn glued the taller cork tube to this to secure it.

Here's the progress so far!

View attachment 221803 View attachment 221804 View attachment 221805 View attachment 221806 View attachment 221807
Will add the live moss and maybe some ferns or plants from the garden next :)

I gotta give a shout out to Pure Exotic for the great tutorials on enclosure setups. If you haven't seen his vids check them out on youtube or his site:

http://pure-exotic.co.uk/vertical/
Great job!! Very nice looking setup.
2 questions :
Are you replacing the screen top with a piece of acrylic? Arboreals love climbing and may get the tarsal claws stuck in the woven screen. May result in an injury or fall.
The plants from the garden you plan on using, are they pesticide free?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pure Exotic is the best out there that I have ever seen. I've never seen better, equal, but not better.

Meng Lee Khaw

Arachnopeon
Great job!! Very nice looking setup.
2 questions :
Are you replacing the screen top with a piece of acrylic? Arboreals love climbing and may get the tarsal claws stuck in the woven screen. May result in an injury or fall.
The plants from the garden you plan on using, are they pesticide free?
G'day Red,

Was considering replacing the screen but I want to keep a good source of ventilation going for the T. Should be fine though, lots of soft things to land on.

With the plants I'm looking at some of the smaller shrubs or ferns. My garden in basically a jungle, we planted native trees so its become the de-facto green belt for the area(lots of interesting visitors from Eagles to Owls to Monitor lizards...and more recently a monkey). Pesticide free :D

Meng Lee Khaw

Arachnopeon
Pure Exotic is the best out there that I have ever seen. I've never seen better, equal, but not better.
Yeah man!

Love his vids! I'm really surprised that not more people "like" or subscribe to his channel...though he's been quiet for awhile now.

Meng Lee Khaw

Arachnopeon
Update! Finished product!
done.jpeg

Decided not to place any plants as its a bit crowded in there. Instead planted in a nice mat of Star Moss.
Got so excited playing around with my new T I forgot to take pics! Named her Colombiana :happy: When I put her in she sauntered right into the centre tube...heh here's a glimpse of her legs...

done1.jpeg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The only thing you should do is replace the screen top with acrylic (w/drilled holes for ventilation). Even arboreals can get stuck on screen via their tarsal claws, resulting in stress, loss of leg, fall/injury etc. I've seen it. You can do it like this basically http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ex...rom-arboreal-to-terrestrial-pic-heavy.259864/

Yeah Pure Exotics rocks. They give me many ideas all the time. I'm also surprised they don't have a larger following too.

Meng Lee Khaw

Arachnopeon
The only thing you should do is replace the screen top with acrylic (w/drilled holes for ventilation). Even arboreals can get stuck on screen via their tarsal claws, resulting in stress, loss of leg, fall/injury etc. I've seen it. You can do it like this basically http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ex...rom-arboreal-to-terrestrial-pic-heavy.259864/

Yeah Pure Exotics rocks. They give me many ideas all the time. I'm also surprised they don't have a larger following too.
Cheers mate! Thanks for the link to the tutorial! This will be a weekend project lol!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cheers mate! Thanks for the link to the tutorial! This will be a weekend project lol!
No problem. I'd hate to see a nice T have a problem if it can avoided, esp after setting up a nice viv for it.

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
Awesome awesome set up! I'm new to the T thing but now I want set ups like this! Great job man!