Willy Melted Mommy!!!!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is what Eden started screaming as she was jumping up and down a few minuts ago.

Sure enough. I look and her little parahybana was sitting in his burrow next to his shed. His burrow was set up so he would dig right into a viewing pocket.

Another munch and roll!!! He ate a cricket two hours ago!

Eden is SOOOOOOOO excited about his new colors!

Nice sleek dark chorchole gray with bright pinkish redish hairs.

She Still doing the molt molt dance and shrieking and yanking the family over to peek.

Now Faith is dancing with her.

Time to break out the chips and soda and have another "molt party."

Which is done by watching Eight Legged Freaks, cheering for the spiders and munching popcorn and chips and pretzles. Then drawing pictures of the new colored spider and marking the calander and putting a smiley sticker on his enclosier.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hah, cricket-dances are made by the T's, and the molt-dances are made by humans.. : )

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I fished out Willy's shed and confirmed she is a She.

Eden is thrilled and still bouncy from her baby's "melting."

Yes, the E wasn't a typo.
My twins both say Melting instead of molting.

But thats ok, I know what they mean. :)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is awesome. My daughter really loves the T's too. I posted a pic about a week ago of her saying goodbye to Ben. I took Ben down to Phillip Redwine for a breeding attempt with his female. Phillip saw the picture so he sent Emma a new spider and she was thrilled to death. She named it "Blondie". Thanks Phil.

Botar

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aaaaaaaaaaaw!

How sweet!

That is an adorable picture of your daughter.
Tell her the twins send congrates on her new baby!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks... I'll tell her. Will you and the twins be making the journey to the ATS conference in June? Holley is bringing her daughter and I know others have mentioned coming with their kids as well... the future of the hobby... seems to be a lot of girls in the future.

Botar

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd Love too.
So would the twins I know.

Where is it going to be?

Maybe I can find a way.

I know the girls would Love to meet your daughter.
They told their friends in school about her and Ben and how Ben is off to be a daddy.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the dates are June 12-14 in Carlsbad, NM. I'm sure you'll see a lot more on it as the date grows near. You can probably find out quite a bit doing a search on the T and WH forums on this site as well. I know Holley has posted quite a bit of info on it.

Botar

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Botar. I guess it all depends on if my husband can make the trip.
That and we would need a critter sitter.

We have,,,, Alot of pets.....

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Water Bowls - What size

At what size do you recommend including a water dish in the tarantulas tank?
Currently, I've been including one for my 2.5 inch and larger tarantulas. For the smaller ones I've been misting the sides and keeping a portion of the substrate wet.
Its seemed to work well, but I was curious what everyone else was doing.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Nixy,
go to www.atshq.org
and the info is right on the front. It's just a matter of getting there that's expensive (at least for us). Once there, things are cheap, and the conference doesn't cost much at all to attend.
Shelby was the only child there last year, except for some local families that dropped by. She didn't seem to mind too much, and everyone was so generous to her, that we ended up with LOTS of spider gifts!
I think she'd rather see kids there at the hotel though....
Holley

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
Nixy,
go to www.atshq.org
and the info is right on the front. It's just a matter of getting there that's expensive (at least for us). Once there, things are cheap, and the conference doesn't cost much at all to attend.
Shelby was the only child there last year, except for some local families that dropped by. She didn't seem to mind too much, and everyone was so generous to her, that we ended up with LOTS of spider gifts!
I think she'd rather see kids there at the hotel though....
Holley
Thanks Immortal_sin :)

Will check it out.
I Know the twins would Love to go.
I know I would.

But my husabnd is still looking at this as a blow through hobby he is hoping will go away.
It won't of course.

But he doesn't see the attraction at all.

So taking a trip like that.
Well. We'll see how it goes from now till then.

I know the girls would Love to meet Shelby:)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nixy,

See if you can lure him with the wonderful weather in that part of the country during that time of year. Assuming he's not a camel, you might want to try Carlsbad Caverns as an attraction. If he's still a no-go, show him a picture of Immortal Sin and tell him she'll be drinking LOTS of wine.

Sorry Holley.:D

Botar

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL.

I'm gonna sick the twins on him :D

And use those ideas too. Hehehehe

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Nixy,

See if you can lure him with the wonderful weather in that part of the country during that time of year. Assuming he's not a camel, you might want to try Carlsbad Caverns as an attraction. If he's still a no-go, show him a picture of Immortal Sin and tell him she'll be drinking LOTS of wine.

Sorry Holley.:D

Botar
shame on you!
just wait till I see you ;)
Nixy, pay no attention to him =D =D =D

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nixy, that post was so cute I got cavities just from reading it. Yay for a successful molt!

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sweet!
go for the weather thing...and i've been there a few times too but not for the conference...if he likes astronomy tell him the skies are sooooo clear you can see like millions of stars at night just by eye.

Risto