Will skunk spray affect my Ts?

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Hey all, I realise this is an odd question but I couldn’t find any related info. My dumb dogs got sprayed by a skunk and my entire house reeks. Will that harm my Ts at all, should I try to cover the vents in their enclosures? Or is it a matter of their breathing not being enough to have this make an effect on them?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
They’ll be fine. Skunks would get onto my property all the time. My parson Russell terrier was used to chase/kill nasty varmints off the property that would do damage to vehicles etc.. (getting into the engines of the cars and chewing wires). He knew skunks packed a punch. Always fun watching him chase skunks off the property. He’d keep at a safe distance. My lab on the other hand... that idiot would charge straight at them, getting a mouth full of spray. Always had to keep an eye on him when he went out at night as he would never learn his lesson. And for those that think I was sicking my dogs on skunks, no. They would always encounter them when I would let them out at night to go to the bathroom. Terrier was a ratting dog and just allowed him to do his thing. To my point. Have T’s, dogs been sprayed by skunks. No issues. Just closed door and kept dog out.

Last edited: