will scorpions eat freeze dried insects?

Johnn

Arachnoknight
ive seen my scorpions go for dead stuff like dead crickets. i'm wondering if they could live on freeze dried insects for at least part of their diet. just wondering because dry matter is higher in protein and im trying to speed up growth so i can make a colony sooner.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
ive seen my scorpions go for dead stuff like dead crickets. i'm wondering if they could live on freeze dried insects for at least part of their diet. just wondering because dry matter is higher in protein and im trying to speed up growth so i can make a colony sooner.
Whether they ate freeze dried insects or not, I would not feed them to my scorpions because scorpion gain most of their water from live and freshly dead insects. Do not worry about protein gains for scorpions it gets plenty enough from crickets and roaches. There is no scorpion real superfood.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Agreed. I would stick to fresh insects.

Besides, the only reason freeze dried insects have a higher percentage of protein is because there is no water in it. The insect will have the same amount of protein, but the percentage per weight unit is more because the weight of water is gone.

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
Even if your scorpion doesn't have braces on..freeze dried bugs are not that good of an option.

Johnn

Arachnoknight
Whether they ate freeze dried insects or not, I would not feed them to my scorpions because scorpion gain most of their water from live and freshly dead insects. Do not worry about protein gains for scorpions it gets plenty enough from crickets and roaches. There is no scorpion real superfood.
ok thank you. I think im gonna just switch to dubia roaches. I know theyre really nutritious too in addition to the protein