Will my tarantula be ok?

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
For shame! I had to go to GOOGLE to learn. And I must protest -- it looks like a giant white SHINNED T, not knee.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
For future reference you could use something smaller as a temporary water dish if the enclosure is small. I actually use monopoly hotels for slings in their 2"x 2" enclosures and it works wonderfully. Never have to worry and those can stay full for a good few days depending on how hot it is and the humidity.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Common names are horribly unreliable and are not consistent in any way. They are made up and often one species will have several of them so that petstores can dupe you into buying a tarantula that you don't think you have by switching up the name.
It is far safer, and will enable you to have your questions answered far more quickly, if you use the scientific name always. If you scroll through the forum list, you will see that those who use common names are almost always asked to confirm the scientific name before people are able to help them properly.
It matters in the long run.

Williefloda90

Arachnopeon
I agree w most of the people here, and I know it's been said a million times in this thread, but if it ate well... there's no reason that it wouldn't be okay.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
How do you not know this? I have two them attached to the upper and lower part of my legs. :D
That's a pasty knee, not a white knee.

Did you arrange for a sitter to come take your T for walks and play frisbee with?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That's a pasty knee, not a white knee.

Did you arrange for a sitter to come take your T for walks and play frisbee with?
Hey, you don't know. My knees have a nice tan, thanks. :p

I would have but I couldn't find a small enough Frisbee and it kept slipping it collar. :shifty: #hardshipsofatarantulakeeper