will i ever see him/her again

carrieh

Arachnopeon
I got my B. albopilosum in feburary. He/she has since molted(not quite sure but does look bigger) As soon as I got it, he/she made a burrow and I havent seen it since. I re housed it yesterday into something a little bigger and again it made a burrow and i cant see it again. Will i ever see it? Also it has been almost 3 weeks since it ate, and i think about 1 since it molted(my other 2 molted at the same time as well) It still hasnt eaten(neither have the other 2) should I be worried?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No don't worry, Brachypelma albopilosum is known to be secretive when slings. When they become adults you'll see them so much you'll get sick of them.

About the non-eating, don't worry Ts know what they are doing. They aren't like other pets that eat all the time. Your T can either be fasting or in premolt. The only time you should worry is if the Ts abdomen is very small and shriveled.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got my B. albopilosum in feburary. He/she has since molted(not quite sure but does look bigger) As soon as I got it, he/she made a burrow and I havent seen it since. I re housed it yesterday into something a little bigger and again it made a burrow and i cant see it again. Will i ever see it? Also it has been almost 3 weeks since it ate, and i think about 1 since it molted(my other 2 molted at the same time as well) It still hasnt eaten(neither have the other 2) should I be worried?
Welcome to the world of Tarantula Husbandry :). Its pretty normal behavior for a T to make a burrow and barricade itself inside. It feels comfortable inside its little space. It may be even approaching a molt, another reason why it would seal itself off. Just be sure it has access to water and nature should work itself out. I would continue to offer food but leave it in the enclosure for no more than 24 hrs. before removing it.

carrieh

Arachnopeon
I have been trying twice a week to offer food if it is still in there the next day I take it out. If the crickets are too big I crush their head so they dont hurt the sling. Would it be better if I found pinheads and fed them alive? Right now they each have one in with them (all 3 slings) but i think 2 are comming back out cause they havent been eaten and its been 24 hours. The other one is working on his.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Crushed cricket should work. I would try pinheads though just incase. Also, how long has it been since the ones that aren't eating ate?

carrieh

Arachnopeon
about 3 weeks but part of that was because they were in pre molt. They all molted about 1 week ago.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ohhh, don't worry at all about them not eating yet. Wait another 3 days- 1 week and then try to feed the ones that molted. They'll be fine. How big are they?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think the 2 are about an inch now and the other an inch and a half
At that size they should be taking down live 1/4 inch crickets easy. Let them have a moving target, maybe that'll get them to eat.