Will baby jumping spider feel good at a temperature of 15-20 degrees?

gumanat

Arachnopeon
I have a baby jumping spider. Will it feel good in winter at a temperature of 15-20 degrees? I am a refugee and I will not have time to insulate the house. Will he hibernate or stop eating? How to maintain the desired temperature?

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Well...it might survive.
If you have anything spending heat, Just put her there.
Refrigator? Is very hot on top or backside.
Any sources of heat?

gumanat

Arachnopeon
Refrigator? Is very hot on top or backside.
No, my refrigator not warming up enough. Will the spider feel good if I sometimes warm it near the stove when its burning? It burns during the day but not at night.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
what species? jumpers prefer 24 c to even 30 c.
you can get a low watt heat mat, and a thermostat and put it inside the enclosure.
stick the heat mat to the WALL or back of the shelf and sit enclosures in front, not touching. adjust the distance if you feel its getting too hot on the material, and check the thermostat regularly. it should never go above 32c, just in case.
you need to mist too, bc heat will dry it out more.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
No, my refrigator not warming up enough. Will the spider feel good if I sometimes warm it near the stove when its burning? It burns during the day but not at night.
Yeah, Just try to find the right Spot and not overheat it.

I think you have to figure something out, isolate the backside of the refrigator a little.
Hard to believe they don't get hot enough, temperature back there is above 30°C usually.
Anyways, good luck, i see you have the options, i am Sure you can make it Work somehow!

gumanat

Arachnopeon
what species? jumpers prefer 24 c to even 30 c.
you can get a low watt heat mat, and a thermostat and put it inside the enclosure.
stick the heat mat to the WALL or back of the shelf and sit enclosures in front, not touching. adjust the distance if you feel its getting too hot on the material, and check the thermostat regularly. it should never go above 32c, just in case.
you need to mist too, bc heat will dry it out more.
So, i will do it, i have two variants: heat lamp and watt heat mat . I will make choose. I actually don't know what specie is it, just found this spider inside my house, it was cold and spider was so small, i decided to take it. I think its Dendryphantinae. Thank you!

gumanat

Arachnopeon
Yeah, Just try to find the right Spot and not overheat it.

I think you have to figure something out, isolate the backside of the refrigator a little.
Hard to believe they don't get hot enough, temperature back there is above 30°C usually.
Anyways, good luck, i see you have the options, i am Sure you can make it Work somehow!
My refrigerator is heated at the back, but weakly, if I find a hot spot, then it’s possible, but it’s dark there, I will try and solve the problem with lighting, if it doesn’t work out, then I’ll buy a heat mat or a light bulb, thanks to you and everyone for advices, its so important for me, I'm newbie.