Will a female tarantula refuse to mate if they are already gravid?

KBT99

Arachnopeon
I bought a pair Mature P.metallica and about a month ago and i got them inside the same enclosure, however i dont see them mating?Why?

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Under
I bought a pair Mature P.metallica and about a month ago and i got them inside the same enclosure, however i dont see them mating?Why?
normal circumstances when they have been paired a few times yes!usually female will charge the male off/i dont know in your case tho 4 what you describe.Have you tried putting a bit of females silk in with male and vice versa.e.g do you know if male has built a sperm web hard to tell with some

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Poecilotheria species are some of the most slowest species to breed to pair. You're going to need patience to breed any Poecilotheria species as males and females will drum and follow one another for a little while before trying to actually breed. I do not recommend putting them in the same enclosure aka. cohabitating, as it's just absolutely way too risky and unprofessional. I would separate the male from the female and give them some time apart as it's tiring for both the male and the female to be together as it will just create an uncomfortable situation for the both of them since they're most likely going to be aware of each other with caution. Also an old male may not be able to breed due to the lack of producing a sperm web or lack of energy due to old age.

So questions I have to ask: How old is the male? When was his last sperm web? Enclosure? Any prior tarantula experience on breeding?

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
If she's very gravid yes. If just recently got the successful insert maybe not.