Wildlife Photography!

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you wanted to, you could post process it and edit that one spot via creating a new layer, changing the "gamma", then layer mask.reveal all, paint brush (black color selected) and paint every part of the image except the spot you want.

I love the angle though!

Also, the shots of the Coons and Pelican are awesome!
Just how big is the Pelican?

Last edited:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There are some amazing shots here. Kudos, all! :clap::clap:
Here's one that I took. The clarity isn't so hot, taken at full telephoto then cropped. My equipment just isn't good enough to make this pic look right. I'm still very proud of the fact that I could catch it at all. These eagles live right across the river from my dad's place. I get to watch them all the time.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont think I have to much talent with photography... But hey, Ill play.

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also, the shots of the Coons and Pelican are awesome!
Just how big is the Pelican?
Size wise, they're about 1.6 to 1.9 meters (including the bill) with a wingspan of 2.3 - 2.5 meters. This particular pelican kept flying off and coming back and landing in the same spot so I had a few opportunities to get shots of it in flight - and most of them I stuffed up!

Last edited:

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You certainly captured the moment, Moltar! Clarity is fine to me. Bold eagles are beautiful birds...I was fortunate to see two of them through the window of a train when I went to Canada. Though they were very far away.

Here's a tiger snake which I photographed in the wild - on my parents' rural property on Kangaroo Island in South Australia. They are fairly venomous. One of them killed a neighbour's dog.

Serpent by dragonblade712003, on Flickr

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is the defensive position of A. laterale. Basically, right now she is curling her tail trying to mimic a worm so that I may chomp it. Beautiful girl too.

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Tiny spiderling on the back of my hand today. I wish I had a way to indicate scale, but the texture of my skin should give you some idea.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
love me some spiders
hehe that ones so tiny

heres a wild lil guy

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Okay, as with all pictures of things mysterious such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster, this is grainy and of poor quality. But this is the legendary TWO-HEADED DEER! For years cryptozoologists have pursued this elusive creature but with no success, and its existence has been questionable. But while walking the dog, I was fortunate enough to snap a picture of it, resolving this decades-old mystery. I am awaiting calls from National Geographic.

Attachments

tebs

Arachnopeon
Wildlife Discovery Center - Lake Forest, IL

Few shots I took at the WDC in Lake Forest, IL. Apparently they have one of the largest collection of rattlers in the US......

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful swan and hots!!

lol this bug was too big for the dof of my lens, but its coolio none the less

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's a black swan which I photographed at the very end of sunset just before the last drop of light drained from the sky.

[/url][/IMG]

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I'm not absolutely thrilled with this one I took today, but it is okay considering I had the camera in one hand while my dog was tugging at the leash I held in my other hand.

Attachments