Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Wild Treasures - 2008 animal find

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by Travis K, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Travis K

Travis K TravIsGinger Old Timer

Advertisement
    I thought I would start a thread on what people have caught or photographed in their natural habitats this year. I know I have a few to post.

2. Travis K

3. arachnocat

arachnocat Arachnoangel Old Timer

Awww! I really want one of those. Not fair. :(
    Nice find though :}

4. hardlucktattoo

hardlucktattoo Arachnobaron

I caught this brown watersnake near the pond behind my house here are a few pics of her and my G/F a lot of people kill them because they are mistaken for being a cottonmouth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Travis K

That is a sweet looking snake, it does LOOK venomous. Very nice! I will post pics of my little Rubber boa, it is sooo cute.

6. Travis K

my rubber boa pix

This little girl is Sooo Cute!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. hairmetalspider

hairmetalspider Arachnoprince Old Timer

I caught a Daddy Long Legs camping this weekend...erm.

8. arachnocat

arachnocat Arachnoangel Old Timer

OMG! That lil rubber boa is adorable!

9. hardlucktattoo

I agree I want one now

10. Travis K

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  11. Lorgakor

Lorgakor Arachnomom Staff Member

I would LOVE to have a rubber boa. I would want one of those before any other snake. They are so cute and small!

12. crpy

crpy Arachnoking

Yep, they are smarter than we think, then again I dont know why they go camping when they live out there pppfftt, go figure.:rolleyes:

13. Wisconsin Tree Frog

Here's a Wisconsin tree frog. I find 5-6 every year.

[​IMG]

And what's amazing is they survive this.

[​IMG]

14. indigoeyes

indigoeyes Arachnosquire Old Timer

OZ
    I detest snow and cold weather. In fact, I moved to the south to get as far away from that unnatural stuff as I could get. But, I have to say, That is a BEAUTIFUL picture!!!

15. mouse

mouse Arachnolord Old Timer

looks kinda like a "blindschleiche", that we could find around my home in germany. exept blindschleichen are gunmetal gray (and they aren't even real snakes, they just look like them. they are some type of legless lizard). i'd want one of those little boas.
    are they anywhere for sale maby?

16. mouse

found the english nam of blindschleiche

they call it blind worm or slow worm (it's neither blind nor slow). it's an anguis fragilis. and i think they are so cute. which would be easier to get a rubber boa are a anguis fragilis?

17. josh_r

josh_r Arachnoprince Old Timer

rubber boa. ive been trying to get anguis for a long time for a friend of mine... no luck.

18. mouse

so the boa is easier to get here. oh well, i caught the anguis a few times when i was growing up, right in the back yard (but we always let them go the same day). no need to keep them, they were always found again.

19. hardlucktattoo

Here are some pics of a luna moth I rescued from a cat that was trying to eat it
    I love these things they are so pretty

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.