Wild Tarantula Collection. Aphonopelma hentzi

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I have Hentzi from multiple states and localities and would love to see a Arkansas hentzi..
Thats cool! They're not plentiful in Arkansas. Only in a small part of the state. And it being the ONLY tarantula species in the state...makes collecting anywhere in that state a bad idea. Just my humble opinion. Ofcourse a captive bred specimen with lineage originally from Arkansas would be a cool addition to your collection. I could see how that would interest you.

Alumentum

Arachnopeon
I have Hentzi from multiple states and localities and would love to see a Arkansas hentzi..
Maybe if I get lucky and find one or a pair I can send you pictures. I'd love to compare localities. Maybe I'm weird but, I have a huge interest in the "boring" US natives.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Maybe if I get lucky and find one or a pair I can send you pictures. I'd love to compare localities. Maybe I'm weird but, I have a huge interest in the "boring" US natives.
Aphonopelmas rock. So underappreciated!

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There are plenty of Aphonopelma that are being overcollected.
Look into the great work Nate @ MicroWilderness does to try and help the sad sad state North American Aphonopelma species are currently in.
What is Nate doing for the NA Aphonopelma spp?

Kichimark

Arachnopeon
I read where he breeds A. eutylenum and releases half of the offspring back to where he found the parents. I am sure there might be more that others can help explain.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
That's what I've heard as well; he does that for all species he catches himself (which I think is just steindachneri and eutylenum right now).

Thanks,

Arthroverts

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I read where he breeds A. eutylenum and releases half of the offspring back to where he found the parents. I am sure there might be more that others can help explain.
That's what I've heard as well; he does that for all species he catches himself (which I think is just steindachneri and eutylenum right now).

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Does he quarantine them or does he keep them with the rest of his collection? If he's keeping them all together, I don't think he should be releasing anything back into the wild.