Wild & Crazy C. brachycephalus slings??

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i had started to put this post in announcements but then realized i had a question as well. i received some new slings earlier in the week. i REALLY need to take some pics. Anyway, these are my newest additions:

• 0.0.4 Aphonopelma seemanni
  • 0.0.2 Brachypelma albopilosum
  • 0.0.2 Brachypelma sabulosum
  • 0.0.3 Ceratogyrus brachycephalus
  • 0.0.2 Pterinochilus murinus

i think that brings my total to somewhere around 28 - acquired since mid April. i think i may need some professional help with this addiction! LOL

i was beyond amazed at the C. brachycephalus. They are probably between 1.25 - 1.5". These things are wickedly fast. They make my OBT's look like kittens!!! :eek: They've honestly made me rethink keeping OW's. :confused: i've been pretty comfortable (not carelessly so...)with my C. crawshayi, P. pederseni & OBT's. These brachycephalus have been wild and speedy from the time i unpacked them, transferred them to new set-ups and even jetting out when just feeding. i think i will start doing all their feeding, misting & maintence in the bathroom - fewer places to hide if one actually got away. i realized this was a fast and aggressive species when i bought them. Maybe all my other OW's are duds. :? i also have Ps. irminia, while not OW are supposed to be fast and i can deal with those. They seem like such awesome T's. i really want to keep these guys and watch them grow up. They have hides but maybe they don't feel established yet.

Will these guys mellow at all with size and age? Thanks

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus spp. are quite unpredictable, with the years I found that they can seem's calm, but then they become very nervous and sometimes quite defensive ...This said, every individu are different

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats on your new additions!

Will these guys mellow at all with size and age? Thanks
If your asking this about your Ceratogyrus spp. then I would say yes, they don't really bolt or jet anywhere once they get a bit older. Maybe even once your little guys establish a hole or burrow somewhere they'll choose to run and hide over running out. Of course if persistantly bothered they will turn around and face you with a nice threat pose. My C.marshalli is the quickest to do this, then my C.bechuanicus, and the last but not least my C.brachycephalus. Even the little 1-2" will throw mini threat displays.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, it is the C. brachycephalus i was talking about.

Of course if persistantly bothered they will turn around and face you with a nice threat pose.
LOL - No worries there!! i have no intentions of bothering these little guys more than i absolutely have to!! ;)

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
congrats on your new additions:clap: very nice spiders, enjoy! isn't it great to get new spiders:D

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was supprised how fast my first OW was also...and its like a 1/2 sling.

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think that brings my total to somewhere around 28 - acquired since mid April. i think i may need some professional help with this addiction! LOL
lol i started back up around april and im, up to 31 with more otw
so if you find help send them my way :D i could use it

grats on your new Ts

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats by your new T's :clap: you acquired a really nice species