wild caught

Blue spider boy

Arachnopeon
is it acceptable to catch centipedes in the wild and keep them as pets? I did my research and in the country where I reside, it is not illegal but is it wise? as they might carry diseases.

sketchmo

Arachnopeon
Wild caught inverts is pretty standard (especially if your catching them yourself) I think the only downside is you don't know their age/health problems they may have. As long as it's legal and you don't hurt yourself or the wildlife go wild!

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Yep! Although they are more likely to have parasites, it can be difficult to find captive bred inverts. I don't have any centipedes, but I currently have a good number of wild caught invertebrates and haven't had any issues with parasites. As long as you can stay safe and care for your animals, then go for it! I'd love to see what you find 🙂

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
do your research on the endangered/threaten species in your area and leave them alone. India has alot of neat centipedes though, dont overcollect.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
is it acceptable to catch centipedes in the wild and keep them as pets? I did my research and in the country where I reside, it is not illegal but is it wise? as they might carry diseases.
Perfectly acceptable if they are wild in your area, and are not on any endangered lists. If you do wild collect, best to quarantine each specimen, in case they are carrying predatory mites. Things like internal parasites may not show themselves for a while anyway. Many invert species are still wild caught and sold on a daily basis anyway, and the buyer does not know the age or condition of what they are buying, so no different to you wild collecting and keeping what you catch.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Centipedes are hard to get captive bred. I recommend only collecting if you have to. Check if it’s legal or sustainable. I would release some of the babies if you end up with a centipede with babies.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Centipedes are hard to get captive bred. I recommend only collecting if you have to. Check if it’s legal or sustainable. I would release some of the babies if you end up with a centipede with babies.
The OP is in India, so I don't think it will be a problem either way.

Blue spider boy

Arachnopeon
Yep! Although they are more likely to have parasites, it can be difficult to find captive bred inverts. I don't have any centipedes, but I currently have a good number of wild caught invertebrates and haven't had any issues with parasites. As long as you can stay safe and care for your animals, then go for it! I'd love to see what you find 🙂
thanks m8 imma try my best to find any but its kinda hard where I live