Wierd!

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This really happened to me yesterday...

I love tarantulas. I think they are great. I hold mine and have even taken a bite and still no fear at all. This is where the weird part comes in...

lately I have been thinking about getting a Scorpion so I go down to the petshop to pick up a Emporer Scorpion. The people at the pet shop are scared to death to get them out of the cage so I have to do it. Everything was fine up to this point. There are about 10 Scorps in the cage so I have to use a piece of cardboard to fish through them and get the one I want into the box. I did this with no problem. I stand up with the scorp in my hand and the next thing you know My arm goes numb, my neck gets all stiff, my heart starts beating fast and skipping beats and I feel dizzy. All I can think about is throwing that stupid scorpion as far away from me as I can. I FREAKED! Now I cant even look at a scorpion without getting the chills. I dont get it. I have never been afraid of any arachnid at all. This is just wierd. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? Does anybody have any tips to help me get over my newfound fear of scorpions?

THIS SUCKS!

-Charlie

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Sounds like a classic case of Overadrenalineitis ..... take two Killian's and call me in the morning... ;)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did you get stung? Or did you just find out that you really weren't ready for scorpions?

Big DRagonfly

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow I immediately assumed you were stung upon reading that. Sounds scary to me. Did you even bring the scorpion home? And shouldnt this be in the scorpion forum?

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Nothing unusual, try to bring yourself out of it slowly. First by studying pictures, then by looking at real scorpions. When you feel at ease looking at them, just touch it with the tip of your fingers.

After a while the fear should pass, but it takes time.

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just freaked 0ut

I did not get stung. Just freaked out thats all And yes Jason, I probably should have put this in the scorp. forum. It's just our of habit that I listed here. Next time I have scorp news I will place it in the scorp forum.

I did not take the scorpion home. But I will be getting one soon. Cant let a little thing like fear get in the way of a kick butt hobby like keeping arachnids!

-Charles

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Charles,
Had you put this in the scorp forum, I would have missed it.
I'm glad it was posted here.
Jacen has never posted in the wrong forum before, so he's just doing "his job" pointing it out. LOL

By the way, I see that was your 12th post,
so welcome aboard. Its great here, have fun :D

Ernie

Last edited:

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love my Ts but to be honest a roach just freaks me out. I am getting some to feed my Ts but it will take me a bit to get used to them. Fear can be overcome - I am affraid of heights and I both rock climb and skydive ;o)

John

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Charlie
This really happened to me yesterday...

Now I cant even look at a scorpion without getting the chills. I dont get it. I have never been afraid of any arachnid at all. This is just wierd. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? Does anybody have any tips to help me get over my newfound fear of scorpions?

THIS SUCKS!

-Charlie
I was nervous about handling them when I first started keeping them, too. It wasn't until one of my females gave birth that I got up the nerve to handle them. Started with little ones and just kept handling them until they grew into big ones! A slow process but very effective :)

Joy

Last edited: