wierd looking eggs or parasite eggs

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok i was looking at a kritter keeper that i got a H. Gigas in, and some of the dirt on one side gets wet cause the water bowl, well there was alot of these lined up just a little under the dirt against the plastic, so i could see em....i sifted through them and got most of them to a drier part figuring they would dry up and die, then i noticed some more on the other corner....so thought id take a pic...looks like some kind egg case, i squeezed one and was liquidie inside...thinking of rehousing him cause this.....any info on what they are?

Last edited:

Ignaz

Arachnopeon
Cricket ova

Well, that is if they are around 3mm in length and you have had adult female crickets in the enclosure. New born crickets can be an annoyance to your tarantula so I would change out the substrate. Or place it in a temporary enclosure and microwave the substrate for a few minutes after wetting it down.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah could be it....i have noticed some teeny little pinheads in with my emperor scorps....took some looking to tell what they were too...thanks

Well, that is if they are around 3mm in length and you have had adult female crickets in the enclosure. New born crickets can be an annoyance to your tarantula so I would change out the substrate. Or place it in a temporary enclosure and microwave the substrate for a few minutes after wetting it down.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive never seen these before, but I've certainly experienced baby crickets in my enclosures. Personally I just let them die off but, if you have small slings its worthwhile catching the micro crickets with a piece of lettuce and using them as feeders.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had that happen with a leopard gecko. It was weird for it to happen because it was extremely dry reptisand, but sure enough I had little pinhead crickets for awhile.